Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Troutbum Swap

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#76 atxdiscgolfer

atxdiscgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:43 PM

Got a nice set of flies in the mail today, thanks for hosting Bob

#77 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:20 AM

Got mine, nice work everyone.

#78 Woodenlegs

Woodenlegs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:08 AM

I cant believe I missed this great swap😢

#79 chugbug27

chugbug27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:18 PM

A bit delayed (life gets in the way sometimes), but here are pics of the flies from this terrific swap (alphabetical order). Thanks again Fishing Bob Nelson for hosting and thanks again to all the tiers for contributing.

Atxdiscgolfer

GIB9dSr.jpg

Breambuster

ljF1UcP.jpg

Bruce Derrington

g7CIcv3.jpg

Chugbug27

eL4sQHT.jpg

dflanagan

1huIZIf.jpg

Dubs (2)

WQWw4DI.jpg

1UlsYpB.jpg

Fishing Bob Nelson

VPQWCZ9.jpg

Flytire (5)

lkgl07D.jpg

0ojU89d.jpg

16MDVsG.jpg

usX2Eu9.jpg

XyWrDJX.jpg

fshng2 (2)

TFI65RX.jpg

TXVaYEF.jpg

Noahguide (1 + 3 extras)

ZalnR1T.jpg

GfXYjKC.jpg

LrRDZ8S.jpg

JmkTS0t.jpg

stabgnid

oKXtciQ.jpg

vicente

CsVGboV.jpg

wmw4

b4UVyjq.jpg

cb27

"Fly tying is replete with unproven theories and contradictions and therein lies much of it's charm and fascination." George F. Grant, The Master Fly Weaver

#80 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:34 PM

What a great set of flies that is. Now I'm really sad I missed out on that one, especially since it was the last chance to put a bunch of Flytires flies in the box. They are all great and singling out is probably not fair or taking away from anyone and their efforts but I sure like the braid work by chugbug and the cool use of CDC by dflanagan. Mark this as one swap for all to be proud of. Now some of you need to get on the Secret Santa Swap and add your quality to that swap.

#81 Noahguide

Noahguide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:37 PM

A great week on the west pigeon in NC. Took this brown on Dubs small green streamer.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20191010_160147.jpg
  • 20191010_153323.jpg

#82 chugbug27

chugbug27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 01:24 PM

No pics,but caught a bunch of rainbows this morning on FT's Pabst blue ribbon (amazing looking fly when wet), vicente's bugger / streamer, and my woven hair hackle. Nothing huge in size, but lots of interest and some nice takes. The only others I tried so for were atxgolfer and FT's black zebra with red wire. Atx's and the Pabst were destroyed, the Pabst by a trout, atx's unfortunately by some bushes...

They also were hitting the cream color 22's & 24's I tied up special for the trip.
cb27

"Fly tying is replete with unproven theories and contradictions and therein lies much of it's charm and fascination." George F. Grant, The Master Fly Weaver

#83 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:51 PM

You guys in this swap are filling your boxes with some really quality ties. Again, kick myself for not getting in this one.

#84 Woodenlegs

Woodenlegs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 03:38 PM

OMG what a great bunch of flies, Im so envious of you guys that got in.

Maybe Ill get there next year.