Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

International Fly Tying Symposium 2018

I can walk there In 3 hours. Its north jersey Im in mid jersey public transit about 2 hours. Im across from philly Maybe go. Yet to decide. Been fishing upstate ny on private.

I'll be there on Saturday working the South Jersey Coastal Fly Anglers table. Proving I have no shame by tying flies in public.

If you haven't attended before I would recommend it. The venue has been changed for the better this year I think.

If the venue was a dairy barn it would still be an event to see. You can't help learning something at a meet like that. Probably someone peddling beautiful materials too.

My wife has one cousin that is a teacher her husband is a CPA. I believe they live in Delran. They have also mentioned Riverton. Small world.

I know that you need to have these events where the most folks are... but once, just once down here in paradise? Would that really be too much to ask.. Just think, we'd even have tarpon and the Everglades nearby (when up north is not exactly enticing...).

Yep small world. Capt bob. I have family in Fl as well as up North. I wouldnt mind but know family would want me with them. Last time there I didnt have a chance to do anything without them in the plans. Im only Tyer in the family so they wouldnt understand the addiction lol

work and family get in the way of fishing - always... I've got good friends locally that can't make it out to the 'glades more than once a year... maybe (if they can get a kitchen pass...). You learn to deal with it. A common mis-perception is that fishing guides spend lots of free time on the water. Me, that only happens when I've filled all of my lure orders, repaired the gear (both rods and reels) that I promised, etc. Bookings as they come are a blessing...

Hear ya. Perfecting a grass shrimp atm. Without legs its better than Ive seen in most patterns yet easier. Kimo started this and I started because of his inspirations.

7ECD60F1-820C-4919-8FC7-01082A2EBBA2_zps