Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
josephcsylvia

New Tier Christmas gift

Ok guys heres the rules

Please be just starting out Less than a year and very short on materials.

I will post pictures of what I'm sending you after you tell me you need it.

Please don't try to grab this if you've never contributed anything at all to the forum.

There are no diamonds in the mix, it will be a great boost to your ability to tie though.

First "in" gets it.

If you missed out still post something and im sure there are other guys in the Christmas spirit

Shipping in the U.S is on me, If your outside the U.S I kindly ask you cover shipping.

GO!

In? Newish to both the forum and a recent return to tying after many years out. Currently have a small stock of material. 4 kinds of hooks and way too much big yarn and far too much dyed deer. Two colors of thread. Most of my old flies had decomposed in the box! Just yesterday I upgraded my old $12 vice with a Renzetti traveler. This post got me to sign up. This place seems like a virtual candy land with swaps and stories!

Tmartin412 You will very much Like the group of guys and Gals here, I know we don't have alot of New tiers active in the group but to be fair, I will give this post till tomorrow afternoon as one of my requirements was to be active on the forum, if no one jumps in its yours, In the mean time look around maybe introduce yourself and well see what happens, I hope you understand. Thank you

Joe. This is very kind of you to do this. It's been funny at my house the last few days. My wife is wanting to get me tying stuff for stocking stuffers, but trying to explain to her what I need and don't need has been a trip. I'm not expecting a handout or anything, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to reply. take care.

Joe. This is very kind of you to do this. It's been funny at my house the last few days. My wife is wanting to get me tying stuff for stocking stuffers, but trying to explain to her what I need and don't need has been a trip. I'm not expecting a handout or anything, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to reply. take care.

Caloosa, if you can make use out of it its yours, Like I said no gold or diamonds in the box but lots of usable stuff.

Joseph, I will cover tmartin412... I have more than enough of everything (well, couple more vices still coveted) so give me some info on what is comparable.

And, if he bangs out 12-15 yellow (or other hues) Humpies, with his current stock of deer, etc, he could be one who fills the Junk Fly Swap. Then those folks get bonus flies from me and carpflyguy. #payin.it.forward.2016

Thanks for thinking of this one, Joesph...

Nice gesture, Joseph. You're a generous man, and a better man than me. I hope you get a respondent that meets the criteria.

Tmartin412 You will very much Like the group of guys and Gals here, I know we don't have alot of New tiers active in the group but to be fair, I will give this post till tomorrow afternoon as one of my requirements was to be active on the forum, if no one jumps in its yours, In the mean time look around maybe introduce yourself and well see what happens, I hope you understand. Thank you

Understand and thought I fit the bill. Best.

Welcome to the site, Martin.

Joseph's not being mean or refusing you ... but it's not a new situation.

We've had people pop in, take advantage of something like this, then we never hear from them again. We get a bit wary of it ... and good people sometimes get caught up in that.

If you stick around, you'll find Joseph isn't the only holiday spirit on the site, and deals come up all year long.

Ok, as promised heres some pics of what Im sending Caloosa, Tmartin, as Mike said, hang around and you will find there is alot more comradery here than your average forum. No expensive capes or anything but should tie a few bugs

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

Joseph, I will cover tmartin412... I have more than enough of everything (well, couple more vices still coveted) so give me some info on what is comparable.

And, if he bangs out 12-15 yellow (or other hues) Humpies, with his current stock of deer, etc, he could be one who fills the Junk Fly Swap. Then those folks get bonus flies from me and carpflyguy. #payin.it.forward.2016

Thanks for thinking of this one, Joesph...

That's nice of you, what I put together was essentially from cleaning my tying room and deciding one of our fellow members could make great use out of stuff I have not in a while, a lot of the stuff is things Ill never use all of, for example I bought a whole elk hide (who needs a whole elk hide) same with deer, A lot of feathers in there that I bought strung, that now I use capes and saddles for, things like that.

Nice gesture, Joseph. You're a generous man, and a better man than me. I hope you get a respondent that meets the criteria.

Thank you And Caloosa fits the bill nicely