Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
uncletube57

I'm Back !!!!!

Hello Guys and Gurls , Some of you may remember me as uncletube. Sorry I have been away for so long its that I just got so involved with my job and my health that I kinda drifted away from the site. I have had a bout with throat cancer ( now in remission ) and a heart attack caused by a clogged artery in my left leg. They did a bypass so now I get around a little slower these days, I am also disabled. I however have not lost my love of fly fishing and fly tying.You would think my Boxes are stocked. They aren't. So I have returned to see what kinda stuff you guys are tying these days and if I can steal some patterns that will fill up the spaces in my fly boxes. Although I don't get to fish as often as I would like I still do go from time to time. Wading with a gimp leg is a pain in the a**,so I have to be very careful while wadding. There are some places I used to fish that I can't anymore and that really stinks, no body told me that getting older would suck so bad, Oh well I guess we all have to go through things we don't expect. Anyway I am Back now and ready to tie.

Tight lines and drag free drifts,

Uncletube

P.S. I hate the title " bait fisherman". Hopefully I can get my old account back.

Welcome back.

There's lots of room beside all us other old derelicts...

And a little extra volume in the choir praising the good old days is not amiss either.

Rocco

Welcome back Uncletube. Fishing and tying are very life affirming and can be

very beneficial for what ails one.

Flats roamer I don't believe we've met but it is nice to meet you. I primarily fish for trout in southern Missouri and northern Arkansas. I am going to Wisconsin in early september to see my sister and plan on doing some troutin' up there. Thanks to all for the welcome back.Mogup I agree with you 100%

I've got a left leg that hasn't work right in 25 years. It slows me down a bit but it led to another hobby of mine, carving wading staffs. I do my best to fish from a boat nowadays but I find fly fishing from my boat to be a real PIA. Welcome back.

Haven't met ,however happy to here things looking up for you ,the " River" and the " Vice " are fantastic therapy, positive thoughts and prayers you're way buddy. You've had a tough run , now enjoy some time for you're passion .

You have given me an idea poopdeck. I wade these days with a staff myself. I never thought of carving some, it's not like I don''t have the time dry.png. I may just give it a try if it's alright with you. I, like you, don't care much for fishing from a boat. However, there are times on the White river system in Arkansas you have to. Especially when they are running water at Bull shoals and the North Fork dams. So now I mainly stick to the trout parks and Current or Niangua rivers. I don't care much for the Merrimac , too hard to access the good fishing. Besides there are nothing but a bunch of dinks in it and way too many canoes. I would love to go back to Penn. and fish the Broadhead again right outside of Henryville. Caught my first Palamino trout there 10 years ago this month .

David 82nd are you a Paratrooper? If so, thank you for your service and thanks for the welcome back. Glad to meet you as well. Things could be better, then again, they could be worse

I would love to get my old account back as I have several patterns I have posted in the past and would like to upgrade the photos on some of them. I will however in the future be posting some more.

I am off to the vise now to do some much required tying. I am tying up some poppers for a fall craft show for the Senior Center where I live.

Tight lines and drag free drifts always,

Tuberolleyes.gif

Send a PM to Steeldrifter. He's the only one who might be able to merge accounts ... maybe. He's also the only one who can upgrade your "bait fisherman" status ... again, maybe.

Welcome back. We might have met I was on the forum back in the early 2000's and then wandered away and found my way back a couple of years ago.

Hi Philly I think you may have been involved with a fly swap or two back in the early 2000's. I am glad to be back and run into old friends on the site.

Tight lines and drag free drifts always,

Tube