Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Poly tank pics

Figured it had been a while since I posted any updated pics of the poly tank. Tank is doing really well, I think fat & happy would be a good way to describe everyone in this tank ;) The two 10"-11" Delhezi are just eating machines and bulked up like little sherman tanks and almost always swimming around on the hunt for food. The Senegals are growing really well. The one is about 8" now and the other is around 6". The other I have been growing out is still in the grow out tank (about 5") but will probably be joining this tank in the next few months. The new 10" ornate is doing great. He started eating about the 3rd day in the tank and goes right after pellets and wafers now. Even the little datnoid is starting to grow a tad. He's put on maybe 1/4"-3/8" since I got him about 6 months ago. He hid a lot the first 4 months but now the past couple months he has got over that and is out almost all the time which is nice.

zlvKyF.jpg
UnioNQ.jpg
fZ90dE.jpg
fs8zEK.jpg
gubS5l.jpg
CAT94T.jpg

The work you did with the structure has really paid off, looks like it's been a tank for years.

Always enjoy real plants! Hope one morning one dem thangs done evolved into an amphibian and crawling around on the floor....prehistoric looking critters for shore...Do they gulp air/supplement breathing like gar, grinnel, or tarpon?

ogljOV.jpg
PDG4EW.jpg
Kj6p85.jpg

picked up a few new ones today. They are young so will stay in the grow out tank for a while till they are big enough to go with my full size adults. one is an albino which I have been wanring for awhile. I also picked up a young Black Ghost Knife while I was there. Had one about 25 yrs ago and have been wanting another so couldn't leave the shop without him.

That's what fascinates me as well. The way that ripple in the fin that goes all the way across the body can change the ripple direction so quickly and make the fish move 180 degrees in and instant is just so cool to me. Just an amazing neat fish to sit and watch.