Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Couple days on the Au Sable

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,420 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:44 PM

Spent a couple days back up on the Au Sable with my fishing buddy Mark. Had a great time as always. Nothing overly big this time but some decent 12"-14" trout and a wide variety of species on the spey rod which was cool. Caught, browns, rainbows, smallmouth, largemouth and even a walleye all on the spey. Few trees along the river are starting to show fall colors, got my mind thinking about steelhead before too long
NUlbPJ.jpg
hiY2qh.jpg
Pajpf6.jpg
yljixH.jpg
2mxlrx.jpg
iGJ6nn.jpg
JWUXFX.jpg
6svPgx.jpg
UmVC4Z.jpg
TW6XmQ.jpg
k2Wolv.jpg
xvmU3g.jpg
YbspT9.jpg
c63K0V.jpg
xsDtr9.jpg
0XfWSq.jpg

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=je3rQevW-cw

#2 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,929 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:05 PM

Your lucky to have such a great place to escape to.

Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#3 Bimini15

Bimini15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:56 PM

I guess we always want what we don't have, but any place where you can go from trout to smb, to lmb, to walleye, to pike is fantastic in my book.
Bimini15

#4 GP flyfisherman

GP flyfisherman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:29 PM

Nice pictures!

#5 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:47 PM

Saw your post on Facebook looks like a great trip.

#6 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,420 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:36 PM

Didn't know you were on FB vicente, are we "friends" on there? If not, shoot me a message so we can connect.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=je3rQevW-cw

#7 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:08 AM

I liked your work page, I'll serve you a fried request.