Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Terrestrials Anyone?

Due Date Jan 15

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#31 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 04:09 PM

OK Ill take the last opening
Not sure what I want to tie yet
Probably some kinda of deer hair and foam beetle or a foam bastardize hopper/stimulator thing I tie.
Something along these lines but maybe minus the rubber legs
562685-B5-1-D8-A-4-D74-97-A0-E63-A1-B7-E

#32 breambuster

breambuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:49 PM

I'm so sorry, Mike West. I've been on the road all day today and have just gotten to the Forum. Caloosa Bug asked for the last spot late last night and it has to be "first come, first served." Hopefully you can join one of my swaps in the future. Have fun tying and swapping. 

Take care

BB

Remember the 3 "R"s. Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for all your actions.

#33 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 02:23 PM

BB, if it goes over with the other guys I'd be for a baker's dozen. I say this because I am over whelmed by the contribution Mike has made to the Christmas swap bonus items. I no one has sent theirs in yet maybe guys could chime in and see if the extra pattern is okay with them.

#34 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 04:26 PM

Breambuster
Its all good.
Next time
and Thx Vic.

#35 breambuster

breambuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:00 PM

I don’t have any problem at all adding Mike if everyone else agrees. I’ve already had a request for the address, but as far as I’m concerned, I would love to have Mike in. What do you say, fellows? It’s just 1 more fly.

BB
Remember the 3 "R"s. Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for all your actions.

#36 caloosa bug

caloosa bug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:47 PM

I'm certainly fine with it.

I'm thinking of doing something in the bee/wasp variety. No foam...either a chenille body or deer hair, but definitely black and yellow. Kinda excited already to get to work on something. It's been a while since I was in a swap tying one pattern.

#37 Idaho RC

Idaho RC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:22 AM

Mine are ready to go in the mail.  I tied extras so I am good with more in the swap.  

#38 Ekucolonel17

Ekucolonel17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 01:14 PM

I'm more than fine adding Mike in. If no one has sent there's already then I see no problem with it.

#39 stabgnid

stabgnid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:14 PM

I 'm good with adding Mike ..

Steve-stabgnid

"I don't fly fish I just love to tie flies"

Steve-stabgnid

#40 breambuster

breambuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:08 PM

So far, 6 of us have agreed with adding Mike West to the Swap. Mike asked to join after another swapper had asked for the last spot, but before I had acknowledged that last swapper. Vicrider suggested that we add Mike because Mike had contributed a lot of things to the Secret Santa Swap. I need to hear from the other 7 swappers who have not yet expressed their opinion, so, what do you guys say?

#41 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,305 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:43 AM

he can have my spot

The fish care less than we do!

#42 cphubert

cphubert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 06:12 PM

I good with it  will tie a few extra's anyway.

#43 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:28 PM

Its not that important just let it roll as it is thank you though

#44 wmw4

wmw4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:17 PM

I'm good with adding him

#45 caloosa bug

caloosa bug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:25 PM

I have a question.  Is a bee/wasp considered a terrestrial?  

Upon further research it seems a terrestrial is any animal that predominantly lives on land.  But it looks like they are not commonly associated with terrestrial fly patterns. Of  which appears to consist of ants, beetles, hoppers, crickets, cicadas, and possibly worms.

Should I chose a different pattern, than a " sort of" McGinty bee variant, to stay within the theme of the swap?