Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
gone phishing

Hello from NJ and Pa

Hey all,

I just wanted to say hello to the community and tell a little about myself. As most of you do, I too love to fish. I have always been a bass fisherman (with a good mix of sunny's and pickerel in there as well) and have pretty much always used spinning reals. I had always dreamed about fishing for trout in the mountains and the rushing waters of the streams in my head. A few years ago, I was in Rocky Mountain National Park and my buddy and I decided to bite the bullet and hire a guide. Well I can say with the utmost confidence that it was one of the few events that I had fantasized about that actually lived up to my expectations. It was one of the best days of my life.

I have not been fly fishing since. sad.png

It has been on my list of hobbies (read: obsessions) to pick up but for one reason or another have not had the time.

Recently I was introduced to a gentleman who is on here (I do not know his forum name) and he dispelled my fears of the financial commitment of getting into the sport and took the time to explain and answer a lot of my questions about the equipment. Not only that, he was kind enough to lend me the majority of the materials I need to get started tying flies. To say I'm thrilled is an under statement.

So hello from NJ and Pa (where I live and work) and I look forward to joining the community.

Did I meet you in Ottes. If so I also have a spare hackle pliers and whip finisher that I neglected due to not opening my tool pouch that day. Also will set you up for tying multi colors of Wolley burgers.

Welcome to the forum and please ask anything that concerns you as the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

Welcome to the site, Gone.

Lots of good people on here. I hope you can remember, or find out who was so generous, so we can all applaud their actions.

Did I meet you in Ottes. If so I also have a spare hackle pliers and whip finisher that I neglected due to not opening my tool pouch that day. Also will set you up for tying multi colors of Wolley burgers.

Welcome to the forum and please ask anything that concerns you as the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

Welcome to the site, Gone.

Lots of good people on here. I hope you can remember, or find out who was so generous, so we can all applaud their actions.

Hey Tom, yup we met at Otts and you should have a few cold ones waiting for you next time you stop up. Thank again!

Mikechell, if you want to give props to someone, give them to Tom Cummings, as he was the one kind enough to lend me his gear to get my feet wet and taking the time to answer my questions.

Thanks. I'm good on cold ones. The additional materials and tools will get you started tying real patterns and if you have the portable vise I will be happy to walk you thru a classic but easier pattern due to being on a larger hook.

Look forward to seeing u again and being able to share my limited knowledge. This hobby you learn something new quite often.

Tools on the way as well as 3 kits for Buggers. Hackle color is your choice. Black has 2 chenille choices. 2 hooks size 10 and 6. Lots of tying mats now when rdy I will be there.