Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
swampsinger

Not a video fail, Anecdote

One of the first flys I tied was the zug bug. I found that "old series" {must have been from at least the eighties} The Anglers Art with Dave Engebretson and Leroy Hyatt. I set the tablet up on the jerry rigged tying desk and brand new vise, paused and rewound, and tied along with Leroy wrap for wrap. Took the three flies down to the Rideau river tailrace and on about the third cast {more like buggy whippin} got a 2 lb smallmouth bass and have not bought a fly since.

it's an interesting story and a good reason to tie your own flies.

But I have a question as to what your thread title has to do with the subject of your first post.

it's an interesting story and a good reason to tie your own flies.

But I have a question as to what your thread title has to do with the subject of your first post.

There is an on going thread regarding video fails. I didn't think my post or Dave and Leroy were appropiate for that thread.

Tying videos have been a great resource for me. The nearest fly fishing club is an 1 1/2 drive away. Basically learned how to tie thru you tube. Regardless of production quality, I think that genuine sincerity to pass along knowledge and skills comes across.