Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Capt Bob LeMay

Biscayne night tarpon, 2 December

Worked my first night charter of this winter season last night (came off the water just before 4Am this morning). My angler jumped four or five fish up to around 40lbs on a 9wt. This is very early in the season (just a few shrimp moving about at night this early...). We only got one of the fish, about 30lbs to the skiff for a quick release right at the end of the evening. Fish only jumped three or four times and saved all its energy for slugging it out at close quarters - the last 20 minutes.... I had the leader in hand multiple times - but it was turn loose or break him off, repeatedly...

We also caught and released snappers and ladyfish in docklights - one docklight held lots of small snook but they would only follow and not hit. Great night (even though it rained off and on all night lon)g - today I'm drying off all my gear and prepping for the next two days back in the 'Glades... Pics to follow....

Here are two pics from this morning, just before 3am.... The angler is a skilled fly guy from England who's over this way on business every year about now....

post-30940-0-47800700-1480717600_thumb.jpg

post-30940-0-60644200-1480717610_thumb.jpg