Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Article - Fly Fishing Kodiak Island

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SmallieHunter

SmallieHunter

For I am Mullis...Lord of the idiots!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,500 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:49 PM

We got another great article added to the site. Kodiak Commando has written us a nice article on Fly Fishing Kodiak Island and he covered the area and species you will encounter in great detail.

Brandon,

Thanks for the great article, I really enjoyed it. Keep em coming! headbang.gif

Fly Fishing Kodiak Island

user posted image

test

#2 Joe Hard

Joe Hard

Will Work For Bolgna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,829 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 06:34 PM

I cant read this right now but looks like an indepth article, Thanks for the info.
My Webpage - http://joehardflytying.4t.com/ (WARNING LOTS OF POP UPS)

This fella will be pleased with your work, if not hes damn nuts, and should be beat with a stick!! fly time

"All it takes is one fool to be standing arround doing something, for a bunch of other fools to join in"......a quote from an old Newfoundlander I met fishing in the pooring rain

#3 luvinbluegills

luvinbluegills

And before he rested on the seventh day...he created the bluegill!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 04:55 PM

That was a great read! Well done!
~Only be concerned with that which lasts, then go deep into the backing!
Adventures with Fish!

#4 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

I see everything!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,592 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 05:02 PM

Great article KC very useful info thanks for doing that. Hope to make it out that way and experiance some of that myself at some point in my life.
Posted Image
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#5 siestafred

siestafred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 02:24 PM

Good stuff KC. Lots of useful info.
I'm headed up to Golsovia in June (I think I mentioned that to you on another thread) so right now I'm trying to absorb all the info I can!!
Thanks....Fred
headbang.gif

#6 Kodiak Commando

Kodiak Commando

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:09 PM

Yeah you did mention that and all though they are far a part many of the techniques i mentioned will work their too. The golsovia has a lot better king salmon fly fishing oppurtunities than anywhere on kodiak exept maybe the ayakulik.
I wish my first words when i was born were quote so right before I died I could say unqoute-stepen wright