Fly Tying
blaminack

Some of my recent ties.

Couldn't get those black ones on the bottom row to open, but those shrimp are ausgezeichnet! Good enough to dip in cocktail sauce.

blam... I see you joined us in Nov 12, but only posted 17 times so the forum designates you as a beginner. Let me tell you, you sure ain't no beginner! If you were a beginner back in 12, you sure have put your time since then to good use. Where do you plan to use those things? Crabs are what lots of Florida tyers use.

I have been more of a lurker. Haha. I post a lot on Instagram and Facebook. I used to tie a bit in the 90s but I did pick it back up around 2012. I live in Panama City, and I am the current President of the Bay Fly Fishers club here.

Great! Let us hear more from you in the future. We want to see the redfish you catch on those shrimps. and tell all your members about the forum so they can join the fray.

Beautiful flies, Mr. President ... Sir. (no insult intended)

Great deer hair work on the Charlie ... nicely trimmed in. Those Shrimp are the stars ... beautiful, simply beautiful.

Nice stuff there Nackie........I may get some weird comments here in the Salt Water forum. There are some weird "boys" here abouts. Of course I am one of the normal ones.....You should already know some of our contributors here that live in your area....

Seems like shrimp and crabs are more appropriate here than in any other location, but they might get more attention in the Fly Tying Bench since pretty much everybody goes there, and lots of folks don't even bother opening this one.

And they're still really great ties!

And I still can't get the black ones (appear to be duplicates) to open.

Shrimp is beautiful! How does it act in the water. Looks like it might turn upside-down.

The shrimp that are hook up ride that way. They are keel weighted and the "wing" and tail create resistance as it sinks flipping it upright. The hook down one... well is intended to ride hook down.