Fly Tying
Youngoutdoorsman2001

Need Help! Andros/Nassau/Paradise Island Fly Fishing

Well, at this point I believe I have seen everything there is to see online about any kind of flats fishing in Nassau/Paradise Island.

I need to hear from people on here who live there or with trip experiences they are willing to share.

Like so many people you see asking this question, I will be staying at Atlantis with family for anywhere from 5 to 10 days August of next year. I know for a fact that there are bonefish in good numbers in some areas, and many areas with no opportunity of anything but being robbed by the many shady characters prowling the beaches. I have some places scoped out on google earth, but any recommendations would be accepted. I highly doubt that we will rent a car (here's hoping), so any places within walking distance of Atlantis would be ideal.

Just so you know my search isn't just limited to bonefish. I love barracudas, jacks, and whatever other snappers, groupers, pompanos, or needlefish would be available. From what I know about everywhere in the Bahamas, these fish should be in Nassau, but I don't know good places to go after them. From what I have gathered there are Cudas everywhere in Nassau including the beaches near Atlantis, but the workers at the beaches don't like people fishing there and will send people out to tell you to stop. Small sharks are another fish I would love to catch on flies. Anyone know if they are plentiful on Paradise? I am willing to chum with chunks of any kind of small fish or needlefish I can catch for these if I have to.

I will only go on a guided trip in Nassau if someone can suggest a guide other than "Bonefish Simon Bain mon". I have heard way to many bad experiences and the prices are really high for even what could be considered a good day of fishing in Nassau. I was looking at a few good guides but some retired to be taxi drivers or like Clint Kemp of Blackfly moved to better fishing islands.

Andros is highly recommended as the real destination for anyone planning on fishing in Nassau. I am very interested in fishing there, of course, but need specific info on how to fly there from Nassau and book a guided trip accordingly. I personally don't mind sharing the plane with some livestock if the tickets are cheap, but the mother might. From what I hear, the planes all run island time, I'm guessing the guides at Andros do too, but I deffinately don't want to be stuck there after the only planes to Nassau have left for the day. I will run it by my traveling companions to stay at a fishing lodge (any suggestions?), but again, I doubt anything so wonderful will happen.

I hope this discussion acually gets some responses, many that I saw on other forums didn't. Any info would be greatly appreciated! If you know anyone that might have some information please ask them to share.

Thanks

Dominic

Thanks fpeachm! Found this article: http://diybonefishing.com/2015/02/01/diy-on-new-providence/

Still looking for locations on Paradise Island and info on Andros.

Well, at this point I believe I have seen everything there is to see online about any kind of flats fishing in Nassau/Paradise Island.

I need to hear from people on here who live there or with trip experiences they are willing to share.

Like so many people you see asking this question, I will be staying at Atlantis with family for anywhere from 5 to 10 days August of next year. I know for a fact that there are bonefish in good numbers in some areas, and many areas with no opportunity of anything but being robbed by the many shady characters prowling the beaches. I have some places scoped out on google earth, but any recommendations would be accepted. I highly doubt that we will rent a car (here's hoping), so any places within walking distance of Atlantis would be ideal.

Just so you know my search isn't just limited to bonefish. I love barracudas, jacks, and whatever other snappers, groupers, pompanos, or needlefish would be available. From what I know about everywhere in the Bahamas, these fish should be in Nassau, but I don't know good places to go after them. From what I have gathered there are Cudas everywhere in Nassau including the beaches near Atlantis, but the workers at the beaches don't like people fishing there and will send people out to tell you to stop. Small sharks are another fish I would love to catch on flies. Anyone know if they are plentiful on Paradise? I am willing to chum with chunks of any kind of small fish or needlefish I can catch for these if I have to.

I will only go on a guided trip in Nassau if someone can suggest a guide other than "Bonefish Simon Bain mon" or his partner in crime "Big Bone Aaron". I have heard way to many bad experiences and the prices are really high for even what could be considered a good day of fishing in Nassau. I was looking at a few good guides but some retired to be taxi drivers or like Clint Kemp of Blackfly moved to better fishing islands.

Andros is highly recommended as the real destination for anyone planning on fishing in Nassau. I am very interested in fishing there, of course, but need specific info on how to fly there from Nassau and book a guided trip accordingly. I personally don't mind sharing the plane with some livestock if the tickets are cheap, but the mother might. From what I hear, the planes all run island time, I'm guessing the guides at Andros do too, but I deffinately don't want to be stuck there after the only planes to Nassau have left for the day. I will run it by my traveling companions to stay at a fishing lodge (any suggestions?), but again, I doubt anything so wonderful will happen.

I hope this discussion acually gets some responses, many that I saw on other forums didn't. Any info would be greatly appreciated! If you know anyone that might have some information please ask them to share.

Thanks

Dominic

New here and was poking though the forums and I might have some information on Andros...

Getting there would be a flight out of Nassau to South Andros (TZN) via Western Air. You would be looking at a flight cost of about $75 US each direction. I haven't flown Western, but haven't heard bad things about them. It will be a small plane, probably like a Cessna 209 or similar. I would doubt that there would be any livestock on board....

The bad news that I have is that August isn't a month when many lodges, and probably many of the guides aren't open/fishing. This isn't to say that fish aren't there, it's mostly because gringo's like me find it too hot to fish.

Look up Andros South, Bair's, Mars Bay and Paradise Bay. The first three from what I can see don't book until September or after. I can't find Paradise Bay booking dates, so that may be an option.

As far as personal information, I've fished with Andros South for a couple of years and couldn't have been happier. No unprofessionalism that I could see. Schedule was set and kept. Guides and staff were fantastic. I've talked with a few people that have fished two of the other lodges and they were happy also but now you are taking advice from an anonymous dude on the internet about what someone else thought.

Rates for a couple of days at most of the above listed locations would run about $1500-2000 for a couple of days fishing.

Also be aware of new fishing regulations/license requirements.

If I can help any more (if I helped at all) send me a PM.