Fly Tying
jjc155

Ambergris Caye Belize March 2016

Heading to Ambergris Caye in March 2016 for a week of fishing. I've tied some different sizes, color and weight Crazy Charlies, Gotchas, Puffs, couple of Chard's patterns and some crabs of different patterns.

I'm planning on getting my box finished up her soon as its getting to be steelhead season around here and thats all I'll be doing for the next few months.

Any suggestions on some go to flies to round out the box. I'm gonna tie some Bahama Mahmas on the suggestion of a buddy of mine. Anything else??

J-

Have been there in the may time frame. My best fly was the Sili Leg Gotcha in the tan color size 6. you will find large schools of fish and it was the most fun to see the large number on bonefish. Hope this helps.

From what I hear and read ... you have to have some glass minnows and surf candy when you're fishing flats.

jjc155...I was there in March a year ago. There is a bridge leading to more undeveloped north part of the island. The channel there holds a lot of bone fish. Also, go over to the marina side of the island. You'll find cruising bone fish and tarpon. Enjoy.

SullyTM

Chico Fernandez's bonefish special.It should be tied with an orange tail but this is all I had on hand. Anything by Fernandez is a good bet

post-18514-0-58424100-1444341185_thumb.jpg

The weather was excellent. I was there for about 2 weeks. Nice breezes...no bug problems. Every 3rd or 4th day the wind picks up, but nothing to drastic. Water is warm... I found that pink was the go-to color for my flies. The people are friendly...Enjoy.