Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

Stupid Ebay people!

So, I just posted up my Sage 2280 reel on ebay and it sold for $104.50 or so... Some jerk that bid, ended up not paying me. Now I have to sit on the dang thing for 30 days and wait for ebay to complete the "non payment" thing... Its been like 1 week since he won, and he won't return my calls... God this sucks!

Sorry, this is a ranting and venting post... Just a little ticked off. I was going to use that $100 towards a 10' 3wt like some of you were recommending on my river. Now I have to wait even longer... :-(

I buy on ebay all the time but never have I done that to someone.

Kevin

Me neither, I pay like within a day at most, sometimes its like 30 seconds if I'm actively bidding...

I'd say 99% of the time I never have a problem with ebay buyers, but I have had one or two over the years do that. Even though they say it cane take up to 30 days normally if you do not receive payment within about a week they will credit your account and you can relist it again.

I'd say 99% of the time I never have a problem with ebay buyers, but I have had one or two over the years do that. Even though they say it cane take up to 30 days normally if you do not receive payment within about a week they will credit your account and you can relist it again.

Oh good to hear thanks! First time this happened to me...

Open an unpaid item case in 7 days. Then close it for final fee credit 3 days later.

You can realist the reel now, dont wait for ebay to open case you have to do it.

Open an unpaid item case in 7 days. Then close it for final fee credit 3 days later.

You can realist the reel now, dont wait for ebay to open case you have to do it.

Yeah I already opened the case

Yep, whenever I buy on eBay I make the payment as soon as I win the item. I had one guy bid on mine who said "I didn't mean to bid on that so I'm not gonna pay for it" which was pretty lame. Messaged him and told him how to retract his bid to save myself from having to go through the whole thing, but yeah, you get a bad kne every now and then on there.

Yeah I already opened the case
You can close it 3 days after opening and he will get a strike against him and you'll get your fee credit back to you

IF you are willing to accept the bid of the second highest bidder, go to Ebay Customer Service:

http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?query=1668

Click on the "Call Us" option under Contact Options. They will give you a code so you can talk to a real person. Ask them if you can sell to the second highest bidder.

Heres the thing with ebay. My wife has over 10,000 transaction on ebay so ive delt with them quite a bit. He can sell it to the next highest bidder by doing a second chance offer. He should wait until he closes the case incase the original buyer pays. Then he would have to refund and piss off one of them.

Keep in mind this guy can leave feedback even if he doesnt pay. As long as he doesnt lie You'll have to fight to have it removed.

My advice is to simply close the case yourself in the resolution center 3 days after opening the case and then re-list the item. When you realist it add a note in your description saying must be paid with 1 day of auction ending.

Ebay is AlWAYS on the buyers side. You have to fight as a seller.

I just lost $140 on a knife sheath I sold that went to Chili. There is no tracking once an item leaves the U.S to certain countries and he said he never got it so boom they give him his money back because I have absolutely no way to prove he got it.

"It's" ... not "its"

No punctuation.

Flats, pay attention in school before you correct anyone else's grammar or spelling!

Joe and everybody else, I buy and sell on ebay and will not sell over seas for that very reason. Ebay is not always on the buyers side. If you describe your item correctly and take very good photos then buyers can't claim foul play on the seller. I've had more than one buyer try scam me but my clear photos had ebay on my side. They even removed a negative feedback from one such jerk. Setting up tight buyer requirements can also eliminate some bad buyers. But they're still out there.