Fly Tying

Hello to all.My name is Steven-i just started tying flies last night but i think they look ok.Can anyone clue me in on what materials i need to make a really nice one?Thx.

Any fly can b a real nice one. If you'd like to make one to impress your friends, look around the site, or check out the fly pattern database. Whe you see one you really like, find out what you need to tie it. Did you have a particular style of fly in mind?

Hi Steven, glad your here. I just joined this site a few days ago and these guys are terrific. There is some awesome talent here anyone can learn from and they dont mind helping. Iv'e been tying a long time and have learned things in just the few days iv'e looked around.

Thats the whole "hook" (pardon the pun) of flytying! The worlds coolest fly is the one you come up with next. The funnest one is the one you discover on the next page you turn in a pattern book and it just keeps you wanting to improve yourself and find new things to do with all the fuzzy feathery stuff there is in the world... youll find even the pet cat isn't safe as your addiction grows laugh.gif You'll have a divorce and a bald cat and canary before you know it hysterical.gif

Get a good pattern book or they have a great pattern site here and pick a cool fly you like and go for it. place a post if you have a question and i guarantee one of these guys knows the answer.

and for god sake ...If you are married and want to stay that way.... hysterical.gif DONT PICK UP ROAD KILL!!!! ph34r.gif Materials are not that hard to find. And if you do happen to pick some up, freeze it wink.gif

Hey Wolf, Luckily being from Tennessee my wife lets me pick up road kill. She's happy being able to lower the grocery bill and as long as I skin it she don't mind me having the fur hysterical.gif

Hi Steven,

Welcome to the group and don't be afraid to ask questions. The people here are very knowledgeable and willing to help. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

"The sickness" what a pleasent way to describe our addiction/madness. wallbash.gif Hello my name is matt and I am a tieflyaholic. I CANT stop anytime!!! bugeyes.gif

Try to find a book for beginers and skim through them all find one that you can understand. Some are easyer than others. After you get the basics go to the local fly shop and look over the flies there and try to figure out the order of how and when things were tied in. Also a class may not be a bad idea. welcome and We all want to see you first couple of flies!! trust me they will look like my first or any of our firsts. You will find that if you ask for suggestion you will get some really cool ideas from the guys here.

Hi Steven,

I just sent you a series of pictures I took of me tying a wooly booger and I sent instructions for each numbered picture.

I tied a second wooly and filmed it in stages to help a little more. Let me know if these help at all.

Carl

QUOTE (OSD @ Jul 17 2005, 07:59 PM)
Welcome to a sickness which there is no cure except more materials

Bob

And more materials, till your flooded over with them. rolleyes.gif