Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Fly Tying Desk Ideas

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 troutguy#1

troutguy#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:17 PM

I have tried so hard for so long and I can not find ideas for fly tying desks! wallbash.gif So I amasking for your ideas. If you know of any links or ideas, they will be greatly appreciated.

#2 CrustySpinnr

CrustySpinnr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:20 PM

I use a roll-top desk for fly tying. Due to the fact I have a small boy in the house WHO GETS INTO EVERYTHING!!!!!!! I find that it works well except there is not really much storage for materials. It is a newer one,and there are small spots along the top for storage and it has one drawer.(complete with child proof lock) As far as a tool and material organizer, I am in the same boat. I have a travel kit from cabelas which is where my tools and vise where stored.Now I purchased an HMH Spartan and don't know what to do. The only problem with the roll top is you are limited to a pedestal base and can't use c clamps.

#3 TroutBum

TroutBum

Father Time is my brother

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:08 PM

TG#1,

Here is my set up, I bought the desk at Target for $150. The storage drawers I got at Wally World for about $20. Not in the picture is a closet organizer with another 4 drawers for stuff.

user posted image
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
IPB Image
IPB Image

#4 RoyChristie

RoyChristie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:51 PM

Here's a couple to check out
Careful of the wildlife

http://www.stream-fi...topic.php?t=917

biggrin.gif
Roy

#5 lthrnk

lthrnk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:41 AM

go to www.frontrangeanglers.com and take a look at their tying desks. not that expensive and everything you need.
GET OFF MY BACK!

#6 troutguy#1

troutguy#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:39 AM

Great, I think that wil help tremendously! Thank you.