Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Ashby

Glass Caddis

I tied this one up just kind of fooling around. I had gotten some new beads and wanted to try them out and this is what I came up with. I liked it so much I tied up a few of them.

Ashby

Thanks for the replies. Because of this fly I have majorly increased my bead colection. You can put out some pretty awesome looking stuff with these little guys.

Ashby

Bead flies are always cool looking if you ask me. There were some articles on bead flies in one of the last issues of Fly Tyer mag if you can get ahold of one. It was a pretty neat read with some good ideas.

Good looking fly! I've got 5+ plano compartment boxes of beads! They make the most effective flys I have ever used... and the big secret is that you don't really need that feather stuff ;)

I as well think the beads make an awesome fly and get a lot of attention in the water and have started to collect a ton of beads for flies. Some though are no where to be found in a book so just come from taking a fly and modifying it with the beads and it ends up looking awesome, and they are quick and easy to tie up.

Ashby