Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
letumgo

Tube Fly Clouser Crayfish

Nice !!! Have you tried that on copper or alunimum tubing ????

I tied them on a Type G, lined copper tubes (HMH 3/32" OD x 1" long) so the fly sinks quickly and stays on the bottom. I have not fished the tube version yet, but I've had great luck on the version of the Clouser Crayfish tied on a regular hook. I'm looking forward to giving these a try.

Very nice. I'm going to have to look into this whole tube tying thing. Heard it referenced plenty but don't grasp what it is.

Thanks for the feedback guys :D . I went out and tried out my new tube flys this morning and was happy with the results (see the gallery to see photos of the smallmouth bass I caught this morning). I had expected the fly to slide up the line after I got a fish on (one of the features of tube flies), but that didn't work that way on this fish.

Jon Boy - I saw your Surf Candy in the Fly Pattern database (Nice Fly! :thumbsup: ), but didn't see a way to give you feedback. I'm going to try tying a few of them up this week. I really like the way you formed the head on the fly.