Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Fly Tying Bench Plans

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CapeBSalar

CapeBSalar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:53 PM

Hi Guys,

I've been searching and searching and cannot find the posts for fly tying benches. It seems to me that there were bench plans posted on this site before. Anyone know of the post (s)?

If you know of any online plans etc or websites for construction that would be appreciated also.

I'm still googling, hopefully I come up with something.

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Damian
Canadian Fly Tyer's

Damian's Flytyer.ca Profile

Damian's Classic Salmon Fly Website

Fly Tyer's Daily Blog

"Neither is there a right way nor a wrong way to tie a fly---sometimes just a better way."
J. Edson Leonard (Preface to his 1988 Edition of Flies, 1950, A.S. Barnes, NY)

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." Henry David Thoreu

riversedgeflyfishing@ns.sympatico.ca

#2 Joe Hard

Joe Hard

Will Work For Bolgna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,829 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:58 PM

What type of bench are you trying to make, a table top or a complete stand alone bench?
My Webpage - http://joehardflytying.4t.com/ (WARNING LOTS OF POP UPS)

This fella will be pleased with your work, if not hes damn nuts, and should be beat with a stick!! fly time

"All it takes is one fool to be standing arround doing something, for a bunch of other fools to join in"......a quote from an old Newfoundlander I met fishing in the pooring rain

#3 Pat Carroll

Pat Carroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:42 PM

Many years ago, I built a portable bench out of some scrap oak.The dimensions are approx. 20" x 30" and 16" tall, with a lift up working area. It has some storage under the lift up working area. Nothing too fancy, but being made of oak, it has held up real well.I have dowels on the side walls for threads, spools of whatever and I hang scissors and bobbins, also. The thing I like, it can be moved to other areas, if necessary.The working area is about 18" x 28", also oak which can take a lot of cutting abuse.

Have a good one
Pat Carroll

#4 CapeBSalar

CapeBSalar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:56 PM

Hmmm...good question Daryn. I was asked by someone if I had any and I referred them out to FTF and a couple other websites I found for plans.

I'm assuming he's wanting to build a stand alone bench, not a portable, then again I could be wrong. He's got the URL to this post so hopefully he signs up as a member and can clarify.

Thanks guys,

Damian
Canadian Fly Tyer's

Damian's Flytyer.ca Profile

Damian's Classic Salmon Fly Website

Fly Tyer's Daily Blog

"Neither is there a right way nor a wrong way to tie a fly---sometimes just a better way."
J. Edson Leonard (Preface to his 1988 Edition of Flies, 1950, A.S. Barnes, NY)

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." Henry David Thoreu

riversedgeflyfishing@ns.sympatico.ca

#5 VERN-O

VERN-O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:54 AM

I think this might be what you are looking for::

http://globalflyfish...er/tying_bench/

http://globalflyfish.../tying_station/

#6 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,401 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:54 AM

I found a few by doing a GOOGLE search. Just type in "Making a fly tying bench" or "Building a fly tying bench" and search the results.
Fly tiers sure have a way of making things complicated