Letumgo Diver

ray

excellent tutorial

have it printed out

ave to order some lips and rattles and will se what i come up with

it is a beautifully produced document

all the best

john

After field testing this pattern recently I would suggest trimming the fur strip close to the back of the fly. I originally left it long hoping that it would have a side-to-side swimming motion on the retrieve. It did have some additional movement (compared to the version without the wobble lip). Unfortunately the longer tail soaks up quite a bit of water and makes the fly heavier to cast. I think on future versions of the fly I will trim the zonker strip flush with the back of the end of the tube at the back of the fly.

A couple other variations that people may want to try:

- Use a copper metal body tube to make the fly sink a little faster (the pattern tied on a plastic tube fishes fairly close to the surface on a floating line set-up). The weight to the metal tube will help get the fly down a little better.

- Tye the pattern with a copper BB in front of the glass rattle. Adding the weight at the front of the fly should cause the pattern to dive a bit more and help keep the orientation of the fly (belly down) on the retrieve.

- Tye the pattern with only a BB (no glass rattle) for weight (see the other Jiggler tube fly I submitted last year for details).

Enjoy!