Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

dubbing storage

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chase Creek

Chase Creek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:59 AM

I keep some of my most used dubbing types and colors in those clear plastic coin holders, the quarter size. They have a screw-on cap. I keep them lined up on the shelf above my tying surface where they're easy to grab. I also keep beads and small items in them. They are clear, so you don't have to open each one looking for whatever you're looking for. When I run low, I just pack some more in from my main stash.
"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability, and
beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise"
Aldo Leopold

#2 riffleriversteelheadslayer

riffleriversteelheadslayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,101 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:52 PM

another good storage that everyone has is empty hook boxes

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

There is no such thing as a blank day for a fisherman. It will be saved for him by the white-throated weasel, who watches his fishing from a hole in the wall under which is lying a fish that refused all flies; or by the excitment of identifying insects; or by the apple-bloosom in a nearby orchard; and no one would call that day a blank on which he has seen a king-fisher." -- Arthur Ransome Rod and Line, 1929

#3 DFix

DFix

New and improved, guaranteed to handle 3.4 gigs of translation per minute!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:31 AM

Or clear 35mm film canisters. Punch a hole in cover.

#4 arkle

arkle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:24 AM

Try coin collecters wallets, the type they use to put into ring binders, they store flat(ish) give good visual access and can be written on with permanent markers. The ones I use hold 20 coins per wallet, another similar one are 35mm slide wallets, similar thing just a different source.

#5 .D.

.D.

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE(arkle @ Jul 29 2007, 09:24 AM) View Post

Try coin collecters wallets, the type they use to put into ring binders, they store flat(ish) give good visual access and can be written on with permanent markers. The ones I use hold 20 coins per wallet, another similar one are 35mm slide wallets, similar thing just a different source.

.......and unlike the Flyrite polypropylene dubbing portfolio, if they're reasonably good archival quality sheets,
the sides of the pockets don't split when you try to extract something.

Cheers,

.D.