Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Nymph Skin needed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SullyTM

SullyTM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:44 PM

My local fly shop doesn't carry and will not order Hareline Stretch Nymph Skin...natural(latex) color in 1/8" width. Surrounding shops do not carry it either. Does anyone have a local fly shop that carries this material? Virtual Nymph carries it, but I'm trying to avoid an internet shopping excursion...I like to deal in cash. If any one can help me with the purchase of a 2-3 packs, I will reimburse you and provide a stamped envelope. Also, I'll throw in a few flies for your trouble.

I know that I could use surgical gloves, but the patterns I'm targeting, the pre-cut width wraps and colors better.

PM me if anyone can help...Much appreciated.

Thanks.

Thom

#2 SullyTM

SullyTM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:14 PM

After surfing through the J. Stockard site, they carry the item... Time to order.

Later...

#3 Flytyer-1

Flytyer-1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:18 PM

Latex Condoms!
Flytyer-1
"If I have been able to see over the horizon, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants," Sir Isaac Newton

#4 ratfacedmcdougal

ratfacedmcdougal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE(Flytyer-1 @ Jun 23 2007, 11:18 PM) View Post

Latex Condoms!

Yeah, those work great... make sure you get the ones with the pleasure ridges.... the trout like those the best hysterical.gif

#5 zip

zip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:22 PM

hahahahaha-I guess those are PLEASING to fish!?hahah
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

"Every now and then, we tie a fly that is above our level of proficency. These ties seem to come out of nowhere, and serve to propel us to a new level in our tying. They're almost magical, and we can certainly feel this as we tie, and yet, we never really know when, or if, that feeling will strike us again."Flounder

"We oughtn't tie to please others. If we're happy, that is what it is all about."Ronn Lucas Sr.

In Memory Of Derek Burwood

17 April 1955-17 December 2007