Fly Tying

came up with this after watching all the kids try to burn down half the neighborhood last night with the pretty fireworks, the wing is actually material i recyled off some flies i chopped up.Bud

sorry guys, loaded it to the wrong page

Bud,

Of the flies you tie, I think I like this one the best!

Well done!

We'll let you keep it here, OK

Howard

Atta goin', Bud! You use a combination of some of the most vivid and beautiful colors I believe I have ever seen. You are either tremendously talented in dying your own or you know someone who is. I also realize you buy and have a stock of spectacular natural feathers.

I've got to call John and get him to send me more of what I need. He sent me an e-mail a few days ago and suggested calling again, but I've been so busy at the clinic (a good and enjoyable thing for me) that I haven't had a chance. Someone here mentioned his spectacular turkey a couple of days ago. I have already bought several items from John, but I want him to equip me with what I need, turkey, etc., and I will grow into it. No Kori or other fancy feathers yet though; those wait until I actually know what I'm doing. I don't like wasting good stuff.

I did get an order of dyed turkey feathers from John Shewey, who Charlie Vestal had recommended. They are beautiful, deep and vivid colors much like those you use. I was truly impressed and extremely glad I followed Charlie's advice and purchased.

My problem this summer though has been work and family. I have been very busy at the clinic, and I've had my granddaughters and grandson along with my daughters and sons with me a lot, so practice has gone begging.

Of the flies you tie, I think I like this one the best!

I love every one of them; each has its own character and beauty, so I can't have only one favorite.

Ray

Bud, first off, Beautiful fly!! I love it. Wrong forum, no problem, spread the wealth!! LOL!

Dutchman, although it is great to have all the receipe for the patterns along in the database alot of the time it is also impractical for some patterns especially with fully dressed classic flies like the masterpiece above, as you can probably tell there are alot of components and to write out a receipe and any tying instructions is an undertaking in itself. I know I don't always do it myself because of this reason. I can't comment on Bud's behalf but this is how I feel. I'm sure if there is some aspect of the fly which you would like identified or explained he would be more than gracious to discuss that with you.

Damian.

bud awesome as always even if it is a freestyle, stir on, what is the second from the top feather in the wing it looks like died kori? ooops sorry was that my outside voice.Best Regards Paul