Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

another use for post-its

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chase Creek

Chase Creek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:30 AM

When tying a bunch of the same pattern, it's a good idea to lay out the materials before hand, so you can just grab and go. I turn a post it note over, sticky side up, and put a small weight on it to keep it from wandering off. I just put the ends of my pre-sorted hackles on the sticky part, and they're easy to grab when I need one. You can use it for all sorts of materials. The sticky stuff is pretty gentle and doesn't seem to leave any residue on the materials.
"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability, and
beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise"
Aldo Leopold

#2 camoham

camoham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:32 AM

good tip chase,

i also use them when applying hansens. i put a small drop on the post-it (so i can close the cap up). i then just dip the bodkin into the drop as needed.

camoham
“You didn’t find a padlock on my door (maybe I should have put one on) for I feel that a cabin in the wilderness should be open to those who need shelter. My charge for the use of it is reasonable, I think, although some no doubt will be unable to afford what I ask, and that is- take care of it as if you had carved it out with hand tools as I did. If when you leave your conscience is clear, then you have paid the full amount.”