Fly Tying
JSzymczyk

Clouspinner

Whoa, have you been exposed to a spin fisherman? You may need to see a doctor quick!

Just kidding :) - it looks very fishy for deeper water!

John

yeah, amazing I forgot how much fun making hardware is.

In fact, the colorado style blade creates quite a bit of lift in the water, and it really needs to be worked at to make it run deep. This can easily be fished just at the surface, making a wake just like a store-bought bass lew-wer.... only you don't need a $40,000 boat and 50lb test superline to catch fish with it.

Unless you live here in Alabama, then it's a state law.

Good looking fly. Lokos realy similar to a Roadrunner except you put your blade on a clevis instead of a swivel underneath. It will have killer action ;)

Spinnerfly, nice! I like fishing them downstream in a good current where I can just hold them and let the spinner buzz.

I like, I like. Where'd you get the spinner making stuff? I assume Bass Pro Shop will have it, but just in case I'd like to have a back up plan.

Thanks,

Terry

interesting! May have to try something of that sort! A little confused on the spinner atachement but sure I couls figure it out.

Nice patern!

Mike

I may have to try this. I have tied them with a small propeller on them and found them to be a killer when fishing stained water.

miked-

closeup of how I make them- basic wireforming technique. I prefer to avoid split-rings whenever possible. The eye of any common fly hook is much too small for a split ring anyhow. This is just one way- there are many methods.

post-10077-1201202403_thumb.jpg

perhaps with enough interest, the mods would start a hardware forum? It doesn't seem to be nearly as huge as fly tying, and wouldn't get much traffic, but there is a lot of tying involved and some pretty neat tips and tricks for working with wire. The rest is just stringin' beads and blades and whatnot.

YO! Houdini.........do NOT forget to attend this event. http://www.ClearwaterJunction.com and please tell all your fishin' and tyin' buddies to please make EVERY effort they can to be there as well. We REALLY need the support. Bring a GANG!!!!! Thankx!, mark..... ;)

Dose this spinner twist the line?i am new to this but it sure looks fishie

no, in fact I was surprised I got it right. The combination of heavy lead eyes and bucktail over them give enough balance to run true. It will twist some if it's pulled very fast, but that's about it. I figured I'd need to experiment some with how heavy to make both the wing and the eyes. Not very graceful to cast, but it does the deed.