Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Drying Wheel

4 replies to this topic

#1 Grunt

Grunt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:18 PM

Anybody build your own drying wheel? All I see in catalogs are $80 bucks or so. I have a lathe with a DC motor but I don't think it would be good to run a 3hp motor way slow. I have seen the 10 pound 3RPM motot 3060744 that Edmond Scientific sells for $15. Has anybody used the ES motor? I suppose Radio Shack has the alligator clips.
See you on the trail, Grunt

#2 sandflyx

sandflyx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:35 PM

battery operated rotisserie for grills works great...

sandfly/bob

www.bigmeadowsflyshop.com

N.J.B.B.A. #2215
Tiadaughton T.U. #688
fly tying and fishing instructor/shop owner

"I TIE FROM BILLFISH TO GUPPIE FLY'S" !
Fly Fishing and Tying Ghillie

#3 Grunt

Grunt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:31 PM

I am going to the big city { Asheville} tomorrow and will check out the rotisseries at Home Depot. I went to Radio Shack and a salesman there said he bought a bubble machine that is battery operated with a slow cycle motor. He paid $15 for it at Target.The rotisserie would hold up better.

#4 madkasel

madkasel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:06 PM

I use a rotisserie motor and it's great.
The precious stones in the queen's round metal hat glittered like jewels in a crown.

#5 Grunt

Grunt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:19 AM

Found a rotissterie motor here.

http://www.outdoorho...p;idproduct=365

Reply to this topic