Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Mark Petitjean magic tool

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ddubtyer

ddubtyer

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 05:48 PM

I have obtained a magic tool made by Mark Petitjean.
The magic tool itself is not to bad to work with.The problem is getting ahold of the proper cdc and pardo to make it work like he uses on the dvd he makes.
My point is after shopping around a lot to save someone else a lot of time
talk to the guys at feathercraft or badger creek to get the rite stuff to make the tool work for you the regular run of the mill cdc off the shelf does not work because it is too sparse and too short for the tools.
I hope this little ditty helps someone. bs.gif
rolleyes.gif
Dennis

#2 ridderbos3

ridderbos3

"Sorry boss I seem to have anal glaucoma. I just cant see my ass going to work today"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:13 PM

Did you buy the bulk bag od cdc to get what you needed? Thats what I had to do.

john

#3 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:28 AM

I bought some CDC from Green Caddis and it had a nice mix of feathers. Some tufts and some of the longer ones for the use you're describing. I found that using the smaller table works best.

It also does a nice job on fur wets and nymphs. I like it!
I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.