Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Old Style Renzetti Presentation 3000 / 3 Jaw

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 williamlenehan

williamlenehan

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:09 PM

I am interested in buying or trading for an old model Renzetti vise with a screw mechanism closure at the bottom of the vise. I believe they are the older version of the Presentation 3000, but may have had other names, and have also heard it called a "3-jaw" vise. I do not believe these have been made in some years. If you have one let me know!!!

#2 utyer

utyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:56 PM

I have a Renzetti Traveler vise. The first version of this vise had a set of jaws that used 2 screws to tighten the jaws on the hook. Now the vise has one screw to adjust the jaws down to the size of the hook, and a cam to tighten the jaws on the hook. It has been a good vise for more than 20 years. Its light weight, and makes an excellent vise for traveling. I would consider selling it.
"We have met the ememy, and he is us." Pogo by Walt Kelly

#3 Cole

Cole

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (utyer @ Jan 10 2009, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a Renzetti Traveler vise. The first version of this vise had a set of jaws that used 2 screws to tighten the jaws on the hook. Now the vise has one screw to adjust the jaws down to the size of the hook, and a cam to tighten the jaws on the hook. It has been a good vise for more than 20 years. Its light weight, and makes an excellent vise for traveling. I would consider selling it.

I have one as well and would like to sell it. Please pm me if anyone is interested and I will send pics.

#4 ridderbos3

ridderbos3

"Sorry boss I seem to have anal glaucoma. I just cant see my ass going to work today"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:13 PM

the vise has three jaws? Like a collet?

#5 Cole

Cole

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

This is the 3-Jaw vise the OP is talking about:

(I have a Traveler Screw Adjustment Vise for Sale, not the 3-Jaw)

#6 Big E

Big E

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:46 PM

I dunno what type these are but I do know they are for sale:

[attachment=18540:vices.JPG]

#7 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:13 PM

Cole,

I sent you a PM regarding the vise you pictured but I'm not sure it went through as I don't see it in by "sent box". At any rate, I re-read your post above and on second reading it appears that is not the vise you were selling. If you are interested in selling it let me know.

Dave

#8 ocean

ocean

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

This is the 3-Jaw vise the OP is talking about:
dscn1667ef5.jpg

dscn1674dg5.jpg

dscn1647lc1.jpg

(I have a Traveler Screw Adjustment Vise for Sale, not the 3-Jaw)

are you selling this renzetti 3000 old style.  please reply and how much? thank you.

#9 BrookTroutAngler

BrookTroutAngler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Hey there ocean, don't know if you noticed, but this thread is four years old and the poster in question has not logged on in two years.

#10 keep_lookingup

keep_lookingup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

I just joined this forum and this thread caught my eye. I have that vise, don't know what the vise is called, but my wife bought it for me in 1983 (I think or could have been 82 or 84). I think it was the only vise that renzetti sold at the time and it was a pretty penny. Not many rotaries at that time. It was the Rolls Royce of tying vises. I thought it had a serial number on it, but could not find one. Mine has the pedestal base.

Doug