Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Mantis photo op

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 smallieFanatic

smallieFanatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:10 AM

Here are my latest macros, enjoy cool.gif

Jan
“Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.
~Archimedes

Darwinism seems to have become a politically protected sacred cow, and I've never seen a sacred cow I haven't wanted to roast - the fact that you are not supposed to criticize it is just too irresistible to me.
-Angus Menuge

Visit my blog, North Fly, and leave a comment if the mood takes you

#2 tequilatrout

tequilatrout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:21 PM

The second one is amazing

Congrats!!!!

"The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be."

Javier AF

#3 smallieFanatic

smallieFanatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:49 PM

Thanks, this guy was just chilling in the garden begging to be photographed.
“Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.
~Archimedes

Darwinism seems to have become a politically protected sacred cow, and I've never seen a sacred cow I haven't wanted to roast - the fact that you are not supposed to criticize it is just too irresistible to me.
-Angus Menuge

#4 flytyinfreak

flytyinfreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

Yah baby! I love that depth of field in #2! nice work sir!
Acts 4:19,20 :But Peter and John replied, "Do you think God wants us to obey you rather than him? We cannot stop telling about everything we have seen and heard."

#5 smallieFanatic

smallieFanatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:15 PM

Why thank you. It was a curious little bugger and once tried to climb up on the camera.
Got a blurry picture that looked like he was assualting the lense.
~Archimedes

-Angus Menuge

#6 mnorton

mnorton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:12 AM

now that is COOL..ESPECIALLY 2
[s]TIGHT LINES AND SCREEMIN REELS YEE HAW