Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

WHAT DO YOU USE THE MOST?

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

Poll: What fly do you use the most?

What fly do you use the most?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 pop-n-bug

pop-n-bug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

Small Popper's tied on a no.6 hook. Good for bass and bream.

#122 LP ID 66

LP ID 66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

I voted dry fly because I enjoy it the most and try it the most often, even tho I know I should get down and dirty with a nymph.... I thought about saying terrestrials but I usually have a dry mayfly dropper off of them...

#123 DavidHE

DavidHE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Wet flies- rusty brown/orange with squirrel hackle, or a dubbed body fly (various colors) palmered halfway (swept back slightly) tied on an eyeless hook. 

#124 EzGoing

EzGoing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

************Soft Hackles..........not listed but what I use the most.

#125 1hook

1hook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

If its summer time, my go to is a variety of hopper patterns. Can beat it they are easy to see and fish hammer them

#126 Andy Fisher

Andy Fisher

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

The E/C Caddis has gotten more water time than everything else combined for the past several years, but it fishes weighted wet as well dry.

#127 Gene L

Gene L

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

Whatever it takes.  Least used is a dry.  Most used is  Wooly Bugger, and getting into an IPW (Infamous Pink Worm) which is kinda like a San Juan Worm with a pink tungsten bead in the bend of the chenille.  It's a relatively new fly for me, but absolutely a killer.  I've seen it work incredibly well, with a strike indicator and weight.

Nymphs work very well for me and would work better if I fished them better.

I love tying dries, but see very few hatches around here, mostly caddis.

#128 sniperfreak223

sniperfreak223

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:26 AM

primarily a warmwater/saltwater guy myself, so definitely streamers/baitfish patterns.