Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Rotary Vise poll

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

Poll: Rotary or not?

Rotary Vise ot not?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#166 Evans1

Evans1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

Peak

#167 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

I bought a DanVise from Al and Gretchen Beaty at the Northwest Fly Tying Expo in March.  I have a set of micro jaws that fit in the DanVise for 18 and smaller hooks.  I also bought the long jaw set for tying big flies.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#168 flytyer62

flytyer62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

My main vice is women oh wrong thread!!!

seriously, I have a couple of vises I do most of my tying on. I have a regal clamped to my tying bench in a permanent fashion. It sees about 85% of my tying. It is about 10 years old and had a good 100 -150 dozen flies tied on it a year. I try to be as careful as possible with the jaws and have been lucky to not have any chips in them yet. most of the flies I tie on it range from 22-4. For larger flies I have a Renzetti presentation 4000 that I use for those. Most of the shops I tie for are pretty much fresh water trout shops so most of the flies I tie on it are for personal use or for a friend who is off for pike, bass or saltwater. When I tie at a shop ro show I use a old Renzetti Traveler that I have had since 1996. it is old and beat but it still functions great. I am looking into another regal with a pedestal base for travel. The one thing I will say is at first I used the rotary on the Renzetti for putting on materials but have found that I can put the materials on much smoother with my hands. I do rotate the vise to tie in materials as was suggested above. The Regal does rotate not "true" but I can rotate the fly around and it fits my purpose.

steve

#169 djtrout

djtrout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

Renzetti Trraveler, pedestal.

All types of fishing challenge, inspire, and energize me; but a day of solitude on a brook trout stream reconciles me with the world.

#170 Copcheck

Copcheck

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:44 PM

Danvise suites my needs, I have no complaints.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who do not.

#171 126lineman

126lineman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

Started on a Noll kit vise. Moved on to a Thompson model A, which I used for many years and still have. I now tie on a NorVise copy that I built myself.

#172 Strat64

Strat64

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

Have an AK Best, Regal and Peak, all rotary.  The Peak is the only "true rotary" I use.  The Peak is my travel vise, the AK is my main.

#173 Flyfish007

Flyfish007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

Renzetti Traveler here

#174 singletrack

singletrack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

DK Pro.  It is so simple.  Really like the how it functions.

1795685_986196794741887_7607768665240485

Leaf Fly Fishing Equipment

Home of the Line Clip

www.leafequipment.com

#175 mojokayak

mojokayak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

Rotary

#176 #1 Troutfisherman

#1 Troutfisherman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:34 AM

I use a Renzetti Traveler…..does a great job….good vise

#177 Mogup

Mogup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:42 AM

Just upgraded to the Dynaking Barracuda Ultimate Indexer. I think my vice purchases are over. Great vice. Does everything.