Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DevinKaradeema

6:30 in the morning

well guys i heard rumors of catchin trout on a popper... yup browns attack poppers on the river.

about 6:30 this morning i was on the weber just as the sun was cresting the amazing rockies, pickin off whitefish with a little nymph... when i had an idea. i grabbed my box of poppers i tied up, and threw on a size 10 white popper. i tossed it under an overhanging tree... two pops and WHAM!!!!! :bugeyes: 20 in brown on! my God that fish had some fight.. curious to see if that was a fluke i walk up the river a ways, and land that fly on the backside of a fallen tree. thought i was done then, but i pulled it over gave it a few pops as it floated back to me. tossed it at the end of the log.. i swear i only stripped it three times and fish on!! another brown a good short 17in.

moral of the story fish still know how to make a great morning!

well guys i heard rumors of catchin trout on a popper... yup browns attack poppers on the river.

about 6:30 this morning i was on the weber just as the sun was cresting the amazing rockies, pickin off whitefish with a little nymph... when i had an idea. i grabbed my box of poppers i tied up, and threw on a size 10 white popper. i tossed it under an overhanging tree... two pops and WHAM!!!!! :bugeyes: 20 in brown on! my God that fish had some fight.. curious to see if that was a fluke i walk up the river a ways, and land that fly on the backside of a fallen tree. thought i was done then, but i pulled it over gave it a few pops as it floated back to me. tossed it at the end of the log.. i swear i only stripped it three times and fish on!! another brown a good short 17in.

I've never thought of ever using them on the Weber before. Thats crazy!

I've never thought of ever using them on the Weber before. Thats crazy!

i was catching nothing but those white fish. so i reverted to my bait fishing days and i guess thats what the browns were eating little white fish haha

way to go but if you had taken the camera you wouldn't have caught them :hyst:

often times i feel the same, but the last time i took my camera i fell in :wallbash:

btw fish story jokes aint cool

and fish stories are bad karma