Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Marker Poll

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Permanent Markers (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Permanent Markers

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 DeweyGreen

DeweyGreen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:39 AM

Sharpies they have enough colors and diffrent size tips .
Are we all just puppet masters floating our little fly puppets to an audience of fish ??
www.lrsa.org

#17 Kimo

Kimo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:48 PM

I use ChartPak markers and Sharpies in black and red.

In Architecture school the ChartPak markers were much cheaper than Prismacolor and lasted longer.
They both have a large selection of both secondary and tertiary colors.

This is my source for ChartPak Markers

You ought to pick up one of these if you invest in a lot of markers.

http://www.suppliesn...ad-markers.aspx

BTW, if your makers ever dry out a spot of xylene will go a long way to freshen them up.

Kimo

#18 JohnP

JohnP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:04 PM

Possibly a dumb question, but does anybody use these markers to color hackle? I am thinking specifically of partridge hackle. I realize I could dye an entire skin, but I was looking at smaller quantities and less muss and fuss. Thanks for any input.

#19 mojokayak

mojokayak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

Sharpie