Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Dream Fishing Trip...

20 replies to this topic

#1 NJ All Day

NJ All Day

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:30 PM

I was just wondering what everyone's dream fishing trip is?

So the question is if you hit the lottery and had enough money to take your dream fishing trip, where would it be? what type of fish would you be catching? where would you be catching these fish?

For me i would always love to go up to Maine and fish for the various types of fish up there from smallmouth bass, to landlock salmon, stripers, and some beautiful and big brook trout.

Every since i was about 5 my family and i have been going up to Maine for 2 weeks every summer and its just beautiful land.
Evan

"Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

~Tony Blake~

#2 rstout

rstout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:35 PM

I would travel to Mongolia and fish for Taimen for two weeks on a spey rod.

Rob
Somebody just back of you while you are flyfishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. Ernest Hemingway

#3 lykos33

lykos33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:58 PM

Lotto huh....I would buy an RV and every place I hear or heard of in Canada and the US becomes a stopping point. Of course it would have to be a huge RV to accommodate all the necessary rods reels and fly tying equipment.
I'll fish for anything I tell ya!!!
Murray Buck

#4 JSzymczyk

JSzymczyk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:28 PM

I just bought a powerball ticket half an hour ago. After I win it Saturday, I will keep y'all posted on the dream trips.

Does anyone know

Where the Love of God goes

When the waves

Turn the minutes to hours?

#5 Trey9123

Trey9123

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:28 AM

I would go on a Golden Mahseer fishing / Tiger Safari trip in the Himalays

http://swittersb.wor...eer-on-the-fly/

#6 rugbyfisherman

rugbyfisherman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:00 PM

Depending on how big my winnings were... I would buy/build a cabin in both Patagonia and Kamchatka and fly back and forth on my personal jet between the two.

#7 TroutBum

TroutBum

Father Time is my brother

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:09 PM

I've already had one dream trip to Ascension Bay in Mexico about ten years ago. I would love to go to either Iceland or Patagonia, maybe after I retire...
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
IPB Image
IPB Image

#8 riffleriversteelheadslayer

riffleriversteelheadslayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

this is easy for me since I am saving my pennies for it Amazon River for HUGE Peacock Bass

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

There is no such thing as a blank day for a fisherman. It will be saved for him by the white-throated weasel, who watches his fishing from a hole in the wall under which is lying a fish that refused all flies; or by the excitment of identifying insects; or by the apple-bloosom in a nearby orchard; and no one would call that day a blank on which he has seen a king-fisher." -- Arthur Ransome Rod and Line, 1929

#9 chrismartin

chrismartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:36 PM

Kamchatka for rainbows or the Innoko River in Alaska for Pike

#10 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:11 PM

It would be anywhere I could fish for steelhead. That is my dream fish and on my bucket list to go somewhere out with the bears and catch and release a slab of a fish!
Cheri
NW Arkansas

"There is no more graceful and healthful accomplishment for a lady than fly-fishing, and there is no reason why a lady should not in every respect, rival a gentleman in the gentle art."
W.C. Prime, 1888

#11 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:33 PM

2 weeks all expenses paid here

http://www.google.co...JNpKB_QbRhfXUAw
Fly tiers sure have a way of making things complicated

#12 Robert M

Robert M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:56 PM

Great Barrier Reef, Australia and New Zealand
" Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing - after they have exhausted all other possibilities "
--Winston Churchill --

Bob/Oldgoat

#13 Rocky Maley

Rocky Maley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:15 PM

This is easy for me i take my dream trip ounce a month. i back up the billboard on wheels and drive 80 miles. i have all my tying and fishin gear in it becouse that is were i tie at home. And i don't feel i whant to go thousands of miles to catch fish that arnt as good as i allready catch.

Rocky

Attached Thumbnails

• 37343_1531275562157_1242788143_31577854_750638_n.jpg
  • 37343_1532206425428_1242788143_31579774_1572871_n.jpg
  • DSC04410.JPG
  • DSC04879.JPG
  • DSC04780.JPG

#14 NJ All Day

NJ All Day

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Rocky Maley @ Jun 24 2010, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is easy for me i take my dream trip ounce a month. i back up the billboard on wheels and drive 80 miles. i have all my tying and fishin gear in it becouse that is were i tie at home. And i don't feel i whant to go thousands of miles to catch fish that arnt as good as i allready catch.

Rocky

Killer pics you got there Rocky, some really nice browns too! headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
Evan

"Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

~Tony Blake~

#15 DrVette

DrVette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:47 PM

Right now??? My life is so chaotic it would just be 4-5days where no-one can call me and the trout are biting and numerous...Even 2-3 days would be a God sent releif.

Reply to this topic