Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

another Mayfly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JSzymczyk

JSzymczyk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:05 PM

this one is a size 16. These guys have been extremely common. Sometimes when I open the front door, twenty of them come flying in the house.

Attached Files

• Attached File  0534.JPG   648.89KB   76 downloads

Does anyone know

Where the Love of God goes

When the waves

Turn the minutes to hours?

#2 Taxon

Taxon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (JSzymczyk @ Jul 2 2010, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this one is a size 16. These guys have been extremely common. Sometimes when I open the front door, twenty of them come flying in the house.

It's a male imago (spinner) of family Baetidae. You must have a stream nearby.

#3 JSzymczyk

JSzymczyk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

there is a TINY brook within about 250 yds, and a runoff drainage "pond" about 100 feet away. I doubt any mayflies live in the pond, but they probably come from the little brook. Also the Susquehanna river is a mile away, and the bottom of Yellow Breeches passes within about a half-mile. Moving in two weeks to a MUCH nicer place!

Does anyone know

Where the Love of God goes

When the waves

Turn the minutes to hours?