Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

hiking on an island

2 replies to this topic

#1 DevinKaradeema

DevinKaradeema

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:16 PM

Well the wife and i went for a hike on Antelope Island today. got a bunch of great wild life shots as well as a beautiful panoramic of a peninsula we ate lunch on.
Strange part was every Jackelope i tried to get a shot of darted into the sage brush before the shutter would go off blink.gif
enjoy yall

100_1549.JPG
100_1550.JPG
100_1554.JPG
100_1558.JPG
100_1559.JPG
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

#2 Chase Creek

Chase Creek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:24 PM

Always wondered what was there. As far as the Jackalopes, did you remember to take a carrott call?
The first time I went "out West", we saw some stuffed jackalopes at a restaurant in Wyoming. I think
I was 10 or 11. Was years before I learned the shocking truth - like the buffalo, they were almost hunted
to extinsion for thier pelts. Now they are gaining ground, but very rare to actually see one in the wild.
"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability, and
beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise"
Aldo Leopold

#3 DevinKaradeema

DevinKaradeema

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:18 PM

na i left the call at home. poor jackalopes
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

Reply to this topic