Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
MN Muddler

Hello from Minnesota

My name is Candy and I live in SW Minnesota. I started fly-fishing about 12 years ago in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Health issues put it on the back burner for the past 8 years, but I am back and happy to be casting again. I am happiest just casting. There is something magical about watching that line and fly roll out on the water. I don’t really care if I catch anything.

There don’t seem to be many fly rods here in SW Minnesota so I get some strange looks. But I am determined to prove that I can catch the warm water fish they have here. I am especially interested in the bass. Since most of the tackle shops here do not carry fly-fishing gear, I will have to learn to tie my own flies and will probably need a lot of help from all of you.

welcome Candy. I know how you feel. I'm here in N.W., Iowa and only seen a few fly rods, besides my own, in these parts. But I've had better luck with since I started fly fishing a few years ago then I did for the many years with the conventional fishing gear. I mainly fish for panfish and bass also. I fish just about all the same areas I did with my baitcaster & spinning gear and seem to catch more fish .... go figure :)

Anyway you'll find all kinds of great help here along with one of the most extensive fly pattern database online. I'm sure you'll find what you'll need and tie up a few.

Good luck and look forward to seeing you around the forum,

Mike