Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
rich5665

Pheasant Tail Swap

As requested by Gregfred here is the Pheasant Tail Swap. Any pattern as long as it has Pheasant tail. All Swap rules apply. Due date is March 12th 2011. First 5 swappers with an I'm in. Tthree spots have been filled from the original post requesting the swap. Tie up 5 flies each.

Swap Meister: Rich5665 - Gold Head Pheasant Tail - Done

1: Gregfred - BH Twisted Pheasant Tail Nymph - received

2: Li'lDave - Para-hackle Pheasant Tail spinner - received

3: Redneck Fly - TBD - received

4: flytyman1 - Pheasant Tail Soft Hackle Wet - received

5: Yetavon - BAUN Pheasent tail Nymph - received

Swap Full

I'm in if you will have me....traded out on the last swap due to family health issues....Am up to date on all my other swaps

Darrin

I'm in if you will have me....traded out on the last swap due to family health issues....Am up to date on all my other swaps

Darrin

You got the last spot Darrin. Welcome to the swap.

Oh man sorry I missed this one! This one should be a lot of fun. Lots of things you can do with pheasant tails.

I'm really not use to running such a small swap. This one was full before I finished typing it up.

BNB I cant give in on this one :yahoo:

Mine are done and waiting to go...

A BAUN Pheasent tail Nymph....

I tied this in an 3X 8 for SM and Bream in the river big and heavy.A friend looked at one and remarked " D**m thats a Big Azzed Ugly Nymph...

this one is on a #10 Daiichi 1273

Darrin

BH Twisted Pheasant Tail Nymph. We have to tie 5, right?

Geez man, you're the one who requested a teeny-tiny swap!! :wallbash:

BH Twisted Pheasant Tail Nymph. We have to tie 5, right?

Geez man, you're the one who requested a teeny-tiny swap!! :wallbash:

What do you mean? I didn't mean five for each person, I just meant 5 flies total. I was just unsure on what the sm's final decision was. And don't get frustrated, I am just a kid.

Don't fret it Gregfred... 5 flies each so no-one gets their own back I would say...

Small swap or not should be some good ties....

Ok, can't wait to see everybody's. (In 3 months...lol)

I am going on a boat trip in Pennsylvania in April so I have to tie a bunch of these pheasant tail and other nymphs up for it.

:unsure: :kicking:

I'll be tying a Pheasant Tail Soft Hackle Wet! I'd be up to increasing the size of the swap or having each tyer tie 2 different Pheasant Tail patterns for a total of 12 flies per swapper. If the other swapers agree, I think it would make the swap more interesting. It almost doesn't seem worth it to pay the shipping costs for only 6 flies. Please think about this and reply with your opinions, I'm good no matter what you all decide!

flytyman1

post-29583-1296184491_thumb.jpg

P.S. If gregfred needs some nymph hooks to make the swap larger, just let me know and I will mail him the hooks he needs for the swap!

:unsure: :kicking:

I'll be tying a Pheasant Tail Soft Hackle Wet! I'd be up to increasing the size of the swap or having each tyer tie 2 different Pheasant Tail patterns for a total of 12 flies per swapper. If the other swapers agree, I think it would make the swap more interesting. It almost doesn't seem worth it to pay the shipping costs for only 6 flies. Please think about this and reply with your opinions, I'm good no matter what you all decide!

flytyman1

post-29583-1296184491_thumb.jpg

P.S. If gregfred needs some nymph hooks to make the swap larger, just let me know and I will mail him the hooks he needs for the swap!

I'm up for it... 12 swappers plus the SM... sound sgood... I'll be just about an expert at parahackles by the end of it :headbang: