Fly Tying

These are actually some of my firsts I tied, the ones I've been doing are better and more. Consistant with pattern and color.. I cut long strips of latex gloves and then used a crayola marker to color then sealed over that to preserve color.. very easy tie.. They have worked thru the ice here in MN, so I'm very excited to use them as a dropper this spring/summer.. Thanks for the feedback I used a size 10 caddis hook and other misc hooks..

Pretty sure I said this before but if you guys want this to sink and need an alternative to led, make an underbody of quick descent dubbing.

Nice! Do you get the ribbing then in the body from wrapping your thread around and up the hook? I've tried making waxies using rubber band...it looked okay, but I like this look much better. The ones on rubber band were a little to large for my liking...wanted to use a smaller hook, but then the proportion just didn't look right...I'll give this a try though!

This is a fly i need in my box, going to get out the rubber gloves :) Back home during summer a lot of seaweed washes up on the beach, flies starting going crazy around it all and when the next high tide or some rain falls you can find loads of garfish, think they are called 'needlefish' or something up here milling around close to shore, fun little fish - i had previously used tungsten scuds to catch them but this would be a winner.

Pretty sure I said this before but if you guys want this to sink and need an alternative to led, make an underbody of quick descent dubbing.

Why can't you use led for weight???

i was reading about catgut the other day and was going to look for some at a local farm supply store we have near us. it looks really fun and i saw a few flies tied with it.. something i will be getting..

if anything just to use it to build the body and get some nice ridges on it.. but since posting those pictures i've added fishing line as small legs then colored the legs, and have improved the fly body and color alot more.. i'm so excited cause i've only been tying 6months or so

Some places are lead-free or strict no lead zones...

Some places are lead-free or strict no lead zones...

Just use lead free wire...