Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Fly Tying Bench - ggmiller

Several years ago I realized that I needed a more permanent bench, as I was tired of tying at the kitchen table and moving my stuff all the time. I bought some 2 x 4s and some particle board shelving materials and built the bench to hold the little, brown 5 drawer chest. The back, upper shelf is made to fold down and the bench is on wheels so I can move it from a storage room to the living room where I tied flies. We recently moved and I now have a permanent room for my fly tying and computers. My wife is a middle school librarian and when they updated their library to computerized records she asked if I wanted an old card catalog file system.Boy, did I ever! Great storage room in that!My wife is a quilter and I follow her around to the quilt shows and quilting stores and you'd be amazed at what you can find for tying! She bought the 2 little white 4 drawer cabinets on the left on top of the card catalog from a quilt show. I have their web site if any one would like it, just email me.My wife quilted the jumping fish picture and we got it framed when Micheal's had a 50% off sale on frames. I have more 'organizing' to do yet, but at least I now have the room to spread out and have easy access to all my materials and tools.thanks for looking, George [email protected]

img4ea6e0b703ea3.jpg

img4ea6e0b723642.jpg

View the full article

And, I would like the info on the white cabinets please.

Gary

So would I. They appear to be two four drawer cabinets stacked on top of each other. Was wondering where you got them and what they are made of.

Thanks,

Dave

And, I would like the info on the white cabinets please.

Gary

So would I. They appear to be two four drawer cabinets stacked on top of each other. Was wondering where you got them and what they are made of.

Thanks,

Dave

Yes, they are two, four drawer cabinets stacked on top of each other. They are made of plastic and measure 13" X 13" X over 1 3/8" deep. there is a magnetic lock that keeps drawers closed when transporting. There is a recessed handle on top, too.

the web site is: www.blockboxcompany.com

good luck and have fun@

George

I just checked their web site and the price is partially covered by the picture of the box. I e-mailed them for the price and will post it here if they ever respond.

Dave

Well, my e-mail didn't go through. Said their inbox was full.