Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

December 2011: Flies from the Vise

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 notenuftoys

notenuftoys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

Here's the second bendback. Learned something and changed the materials.

Posted Image

#62 JaxFlyTyer

JaxFlyTyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:44 PM

I got Borski's Series 1 DVD for Christmas. Here's my first Haystack.

Posted Image

And another

Posted Image
Team Fishbusters
Twitter @redfshwhisperer

#63 lykos33

lykos33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

Some "Dollar Store Doozies", so called because everything other than Horseshoes' dubbing and the horse hair ribbing, and thread, all straight from a Dollar Store...including the funky hooks :lol: There are actually only 3 flies ....I was just experimenting with my camera :rolleyes:
Attached File  Dollar Store Flies 009.JPG   81.57KB   12 downloads Attached File  Dollar Store Flies 005.JPG   76.04KB   12 downloads Attached File  Dollar Store Flies 004.JPG   74.1KB   11 downloads
Attached File  Dollar Store Flies 003.JPG   73.81KB   5 downloads Attached File  Dollar Store Flies 001.JPG   75.97KB   4 downloads
I'll fish for anything I tell ya!!!
Murray Buck

#64 Meraz

Meraz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

Gurgler Frog

Killer for Bass :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  frog.jpg   101.64KB   9 downloads

Luis Mario Meraz

"Kata ton daimona eaytoy"

#65 Nealbo

Nealbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

I just got back into tying. This past week I have had a virus and laryngitis so I have not been able to tie to much this past week.

Attached Files

#66 Clint129

Clint129

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:45 PM

Faux Fox Furled Crab
This fly pushes a lot of water and is intended to sight cast bull reds in three feet (1 meter) of water. The amount of weight is to get the fly down quick as often with sight casting this depth of water if it isn't crystal clear, the fish often can not be seen until relatively close to the boat. If the weather gods are nice, I'll be chunking it this upcoming week.

Kirk

Posted Image

Materials:

Hook: SC15, 2/0
Tail: Furled silicone sili legs, 6 ea. side
Body: Faux Fox dubbing brush
Eyes & weight: X-Large lead barbells with 1/4" piece of large Channel Lead on hook shank behind eyes.

Very nice.