Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

The Christmas Bugger

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Flyman416

Flyman416

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:41 AM

Here is a Christmas Bugger that i came up with, This is my first how to with a bad camera so don't be too critical please. :)
Materials
Thread: Red
Body: red green gold poly cord made out of tinsel with white inside taken out¯\(°_o)/¯!.
Tail: same
Wing: same
Head: built up thread with green red and gold wire all small

Attached File  DSCN0967.JPG   2.28MB   52 downloads
First lay down a layer of red thread and tie off.
Attached File  DSCN0968.JPG   2.27MB   63 downloads
Next you want put the hollow Christmas ribbon on the shank with the end frayed apart and tie on the thread at about the barb of the hook and tie off.
Attached File  DSCN0970.JPG   2.73MB   134 downloads
Next slide the "sleeve" up and you should be covering the the thread you just tied on, then take some hackle pliers or your fingers somehow and tie in the thread back on behind the eye and wrap back 3/4 of a centimeter and tie in the now splayed fibers of the wrap sleeve.
Attached File  DSCN0972.JPG   2.65MB   178 downloads
(Sorry this pic is very bad)Next wrap forward toward the eye until your past the fibers, and tie in about three inches of green, gold, and red wire in that order and wrap that up to the eye creating the head and tie off. Put head cement on all of the wire.
Mathew 4:19: And he said to them, "Follow Me, for I will make you fishers of men".
John 21:3 Simon Peter said to them, “I am going fishing.” They said to him, “We will go with you.” They went out and got into the boat, but that night they caught nothing.

#2 bluegill576

bluegill576

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

Neat little fly. Merry christmas!