Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
nyFLYguy05

Flatfish fly

Loved Peterjay's flounder so decided to try a quick one. I have a lot more tweeking to do. But I decided to put in the water and see the action. Really looks nice in the water, so for now I am kinda happy <_< lol anyhow this fly has an extended body which is a hmh fly tube, few wraps of lead wire for weight, bucktail for the top and saddle feathers for the bottom. Used CCG to hold the shape I wanted. Any advice would be appreciated! PeterJay, i am looking forward to trying your flounder pattern!

post-36479-0-53926500-1328986158_thumb.jpg

post-36479-0-60457300-1328986164_thumb.jpg

Reminds me of those Troll dolls that used to be popular years ago! :lol:

Will be interesting to see how it works for you! :)

lol tide water f* u! lol, just kidding. I know its not my best. Anyhow I didnt even think about creating baby flounder or fluke for big bass. Thanks for the posting surf. That may be the next flounder imitation I try. However the pattern i posted above, that is in angeluo peluso's book for NE gamefish, sry about the mis - spelling. But it def is a pattern lol

Hey, Joe, I didn't say they looked bad! Just reminded me of something else! :lol:

Never know, that might be the hottest fly ever for you! :rolleyes:

Joe, that's very similar to Mark Sedotti's flounder fly - my books are all packed, but I seem to recall that Mark uses an articulated tail section that's tied on a piece of mono. At any rate, it's all bucktail. You'll catch plenty of fish on that fly if you get it down on the bottom.

Tide - I was just messing with you lol, but you are right, you never said it looked bad lol. Sometimes the ugliest fly in my box catches the best!

Peter - thats where I got my pattern from. Actually it was a variation from A. Peluso's book, saltwater flies of the NE, there is a fly in there called the flounder clouser.

Thanks guys!