Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

foam poppers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 denduke

denduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

Tried some of the lil bodies...Kinda like no painting...Unless spots and glitter :) Later DL
Posted Image
If you wanta sing the blues, you gotta pay your dues, and you know it don't come easy...RS
Due to severe budget cuts and economic down turn the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...

#2 surfbunker

surfbunker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

Tried some of the lil bodies...Kinda like no painting...Unless spots and glitter :) Later DL
Posted Image

Wanna have some fun...try disposable ear plugs....some( especially ones one cords) have a natural cup.....I tie alot of em for bass. Harden them up with sally hanson or epoxy....cheap cheap cheap!!

Cheers,

Sean

#3 denduke

denduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

Never considered the foam b/c it's so soft, but when the right color d-rib is unavailable....walla! Later DL
Posted Image ;)
If you wanta sing the blues, you gotta pay your dues, and you know it don't come easy...RS
Due to severe budget cuts and economic down turn the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...

#4 denduke

denduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

Some more...

Attached Files

#5 Kirk Dietrich

Kirk Dietrich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:01 PM

Those are nice! What is the hook they are on?

Kirk
Every now and then, I'll make a video, wish I could find time to do more; here is the link:
http://www.youtube.c...et?feature=mhee

I've got a few folders with photos of flies, these get more updates than my videos:
http://s136.photobuc...rofile/kirkdiet

https://picasaweb.go...rich?feat=email

#6 surfbunker

surfbunker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:25 AM

Never considered the foam b/c it's so soft, but when the right color d-rib is unavailable....walla! Later DL
Posted Image ;)

Try the plugs they work great....I have tied dozens with the ear plugs....trust me they work.

#7 denduke

denduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:42 AM

Got the bodies from BassPro shop...Their hump back hooks were way to long for this size so I managed to have/make #6 Gamakatsu 50410/ drop shot hooks to work. Had to spear with bodkin and push the eye of the hook thru from the rear and Krazy glued'em rather than split'em. Had to open the bite of the hooks a bit w/pliers. Wish the lil bodies were flat on bottom but OK...Not having to paint is a big plus! But only colors were lite green and yellow...Later DL