Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

SCULPIN SWAP.....free prize for best sculpin

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 troutguy

troutguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

SWAP CLOSED. DUE DATE April 10, 2012 Djgunter and I are jointly hosting this swap. We will invite (8) swappers and ask them to tie their best Sculpin patterns. Based on the flies we receive, we will judge which fly is the best in terms of effort, skill and style involved in constructing the fly. We will also post the photos in the swap thread. Once we have decided which tyer is the deserving winner, we will send them 10 flies in the mail from (djgunter) as a prize. What flies they will receive is yet to be determined, but I will make sure they are pretty interesting.

The due date will be published once the swap has filled up. All other standard swap rules apply. Good luck and have fun!

Thanks!

Your flies will be mailed to South Carolina and I will sort them and mail them back to you.

1. Troutguy sculpin with chamois tail
2. Djgunter recvd
3. FishingBobNelson recvd
4. Eastern Fly recvd
5. jburge
6. djmyers rcvd
7. Bruce Deringtonrcvd
8. Riffleriversteelheadslayer rcvd
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for the day; Teach a man to tie flies and he'll pick up all the roadkill.

#2 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

So can I asume you two will start the invites?

Kevin

https://www.instagram.com/eastern.fly/

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

Anyone can be a father. It takes a man to be a Dad! Kiss your kids today.

#3 troutguy

troutguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Djgunter is inviting someone.
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for the day; Teach a man to tie flies and he'll pick up all the roadkill.

#4 djgunter

djgunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

Hi Kevin,

You are welcome to join if you'd like! I'd like to get this swap going!

Dan

Kevin

"If a man says he is not afraid of dying, he is either lying or is a Gurkha" - Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw

#5 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

Hi Kevin,

You are welcome to join if you'd like! I'd like to get this swap going!

Dan

Kevin

What are you thinking for a date? I'm up to my arm pits now with swap flies.

Kevin

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

#6 Bruce Derington

Bruce Derington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

yes, when is finish date

Bruce Derington

#7 djgunter

djgunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:18 AM

Okay guys, the due date will be one month from the date the swap is full. So approximately the end of March or beginning of April.

Thanks!
"If a man says he is not afraid of dying, he is either lying or is a Gurkha" - Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw

#8 djgunter

djgunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

Hi Bruce,

You are welcome to join. Based on your flies I can tell you would make an excellent Sculpin fly. Let us know!

Dan

#9 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

Invitation sent B)

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#10 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

Im in and djmyers excepted my invatation. I will do the best I can. I dont rate in the class with Bruce but I will do what I can.

Kevin

#11 jburge

jburge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

Well, I'm accepting my invite but have to say, this is quite a group. I'll put my best foot forward to hang with some of the folks I respect the most.

John

#12 djmyers

djmyers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

I'm looking forward to the results of these flies.

#13 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

I'll be tying the Roope's EZ Sculpin. B)

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#14 famill00

famill00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

Anyone claimed the last spot in this one?
-Forrest <-------willing participant!

#15 djgunter

djgunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

Here are some links for everyone to look at -

My link

My link