Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

a very extensive hook conversion chart

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

i found this online. very extensive and downloadable or bookmarked for future references.

https://www.box.com/...ea439c7fbd59b55
Fly tiers sure have a way of making things complicated

#2 bluegill576

bluegill576

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

Very nice, thanks for finding. Only thing it doesn't have is Allen Fly Fishing.

#3 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

...and saber, togen, hanak, grip, skalka, kamasan, drennan, the fly shop etc etc etc. but what chart does? :blink:

anything better?

#4 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

double post. whats going on today?

#5 bluegill576

bluegill576

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

...and saber, togen, hanak, grip, skalka, kamasan, drennan, the fly shop etc etc etc. but what chart does? :blink:

anything better?

True, I don't use any of those brands though. I think if I have a day of nothing to do this summer, I'll try making a "master" hook chart with all of those brands as well as the common ones.

#6 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

hopefully the tyers who do use the brands on the conversion chart will appreciate the effort that went into creating it. its certainly not an easy task. many hours of research must have been involved.

#7 bhansensfd

bhansensfd

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

Thank you for sharing this resource and thank you to whoever put the time in creating it.

#8 Phish

Phish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:20 AM

Nice but its lacking references for Kamason hooks though.

#9 planettrout

planettrout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:55 AM

Nice catch flytire !!! Lists most of the generally available hooks here in the US...

PT/TB ;)
Daughter to Father, " How Many arms do you have. How many fly rods do you need?"

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

#10 flyfisher247365

flyfisher247365

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:52 AM

nice find!

#11 vmthtr in green bay

vmthtr in green bay

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

Been looking for a chart like this, thanks for posting

#12 rvrwader

rvrwader

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

...and saber, togen, hanak, grip, skalka, kamasan, drennan, the fly shop etc etc etc. but what chart does? blink.gif

anything better?

Hey Everybody,

Glad you like the chart. Looks like I have some more work to do. I will try to update the chart in the near future with the other brands along with Allen hooks. Anybody know of others I missed?

I do have a few other resources on my blog.  It is still a work in progress. Anybody know of other resources you would like to see all in one place?

rvrwader.blogspot.com

#13 mikechell

mikechell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

...and saber, togen, hanak, grip, skalka, kamasan, drennan, the fly shop etc etc etc. but what chart does? blink.gif

anything better?

Hey Everybody,

Glad you like the chart. Looks like I have some more work to do. I will try to update the chart in the near future with the other brands along with Allen hooks. Anybody know of others I missed?

I do have a few other resources on my blog.  It is still a work in progress. Anybody know of other resources you would like to see all in one place?

rvrwader.blogspot.com

Holy Smokes, Rvrwader ... awesome work put into those charts.  Don't let the nay-sayers get you down, friend.  If they want all those other companies included, let them do some of the work.

All y'all complainers (y'all is one person, all y'all is plural) take just one of rvrwaders brand and make the comparisons to one of your favorites, send it to him so he can include it.

Not willing to do that much work?  Then quit complainin'.

Barbed hooks rule!

#14 Chase Creek

Chase Creek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

That's the most complete I've seen so far. In addition to the others, White River (Bass Pro's Fly Brand) has quite an extensive line of hooks, readily available.

"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability, and
beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise"
Aldo Leopold