Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dryfly purist

dust broom winged mayflies

This summer i made lots of mayflies with fibers from a dust broom. This broom holds about 10000000 wings for mayflies and cost almost nothing :D The price is about 2 dollars or so...... i used the blue fibers for most of my mayfly imitations and it is just great. The yellow fibers is great for the yellow mayfly and the pink fibers i use for wings in emergers. The blue wing is so visible on the water and the trout did not mind the blue color at all :-)

It also is almost totally water repellent so why use expensive materials when you can get material almost for free :D

8211439335_73d87db6b3_b.jpg

8211440461_1198c8d27a_b.jpg

dryfly purist, thanks for posting this one. I have the exact same duster that I picked up a while back but wasn't sure what I wanted to try with it. Mine is still in its plastic sleeve and has never been touched but I won't be able to say that this evening. I was thinking of trying it for streamer wings when I purchased it, but you have given me a much better idea. Thanks again and Take Care, Tony

dryfly purist, thanks for posting this one. I have the exact same duster that I picked up a while back but wasn't sure what I wanted to try with it. Mine is still in its plastic sleeve and has never been touched but I won't be able to say that this evening. I was thinking of trying it for streamer wings when I purchased it, but you have given me a much better idea. Thanks again and Take Care, Tony

You´re welcome, Tony :) :)

Terje