Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
WhiteBuffalo58

Great Day for Tying!

With temps in the low 20's, sustained winds of 30+ and gusts over 45 mph, I can't think of a better way to spend the day, then sitting at the vise. What's the weather like where you live?

Rob

Horrendous! Windy, cold, raining. High winds and a high tide Saturday deposited 600 ton of sand and stones on the golf coarse (shame ;) ). Moved the sea wall and generally caused a lot of damage. Today has just been black. Its never got more than twilight all day. Its been a filthy winter so far.

Really good weather for tying flies, and dreaming of getting to use them.

Cheers,

C.

blue sky, sunny, rather cool in connecticut but i'm at work, working on spreadsheets for the boss! :angry:

one more wake up this week, then its a plant shut down until jan 1, 2013

Hate to rub it in (but I will,) its supposed to be 81 or 82 here (Orlando,) today. Right now its about 70, and sunny.

Its 39 deg here in massachusetts, i work outside for a large telecommunications company. Its dry today which is a great thing. I plan on tying tonight, midges and other flies is my plan. A good day for working and tying.

Well we where all being to wonder here in my neck of the woods if we where going to have a white christmas or not .... well today we got our SNOW !! About 2-3 inches fell last night. Now north winds about 20mph and cold typical for this time of year now. It's really been a very mild winter here till now.

Mike

Sunny So. Cal.

It should be in the low 60's today, upper 40's in the evening. I'll still be tying tonight. Some crystal schminnows are on the menu.

2012-12-20_09-03-11_184.jpg

12 degrees F here.

Nearest good (warmer climate) fishing is about an hour away, and I have a meeting at noon, so no fishing today for me either....

50s and cloudy here on the Eastern Shore of VA. I still haven't got used to the radio guy saying "continued cold with a high of 48." 48 is T-shirt weather in a lot of the places we've lived. I think I'll have my snow shovel mounted and hung over the garage door as a reminder of how good we've got it here..

Well we where all being to wonder here in my neck of the woods if we where going to have a white christmas or not .... well today we got our SNOW !! About 2-3 inches fell last night. Now north winds about 20mph and cold typical for this time of year now. It's really been a very mild winter here till now.

Mike

Where do you live. Im in dead center Kansas. We got snow last night too. Wonder if you are close to my home.