Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

c&f magnetic hook pallets

hook storage

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JimCoraci

JimCoraci

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

Loking for a thorough and elegant, compact, megnetic hook storage pallet system.

C&F, of course, has a great solution, but spendy at $20/unit; this is image of full product line: Attached File  image.jpg   7.89KB   35 downloads

does anyone have a solution they are very happy w/?

jim

#2 cbpedigo21

cbpedigo21

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

Anglers Image makes similar hook storage boxes with magnetic sheets in the bottom. They are about the same dimensions as the C&F boxes but less than half the cost.

#3 Crackaig

Crackaig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

Plenty I've been unhappy with!

Saw a box full of small boxes in a craft store last week. It looks like it would be a good hook storage system for smaller hooks. 24 small boxes, a little larger than a standard hook box, inside one large box. This week I will get one (shop was closed when I saw it) and report back. If it doesn't work for hooks it will make a good dubbing selection box. I'll just drill a hole in each of the smaller boxes.

Cheers,

C.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical
minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd
by the clean end"

#4 Hellgrammite

Hellgrammite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

Go to a craft store and get a bead box and some magnetic sheeting (like they make refrigerator magnet from) for a total of 3 or 4 dollars. You can even use the little squares that come in Tiemco hook packets if you use their hooks. Stick the magnet stuff in the bottom of the box, and voila, an instant and very inexpensive hook storage box!

Amanda

I inherited an old violin and a painting, a Rembrant and a Stradivarius. It turns out Rembrant made lousy violins and Stradivari wasnt much of a painter.

#5 shoebop

shoebop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

Attached File  hook storage.JPG   30.42KB   45 downloads

Like this!

I use self stick labels to identify the hooks. They can be easily removed and changed if needed.

I have dropped them a few times without any hooks getting mixed up into other bins.

I don't know if this is the best solution but it works well for me.

Shoebop